Sedona ~VIDEO~

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by P E T E F A G E, Feb 24, 2004.

  1. Tags:

  2. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

  3. Bb

    Bb Guest

    On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 16:24:28 -0000, Dave W wrote:

    > Ahh, Sedona. Definetly on my short list of must do's

    Same here! It always looks fantastic.

  4. Bb

    Bb Guest

    On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 16:04:25 GMT, p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:

    > http://www.mtbvideos.net/video/sedona04.mpg 45 mb

    Is it just this trail, the VFE (video flattening effect) or are the trails in Sedona not the rocky
    madness that is South Mountain?

  5. On 24 Feb 2004 17:49:18 GMT, BB <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 16:04:25 GMT, p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.mtbvideos.net/video/sedona04.mpg 45 mb
    >
    >Is it just this trail, the VFE (video flattening effect) or are the trails in Sedona not the rocky
    >madness that is South Mountain?

    The lower elevation trails in Sedona are generally buff, with a few rocky bits thrown in.

    Not as fun as South Mountain, but the scenery is much better.

  6. MattB

    MattB Guest

    p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
    > After the male bits at the beginning, it's all girl power all of the time with an acid trip throw
    > in at the end.
    >
    > http://www.mtbvideos.net/video/sedona04.mpg 45 mb

    Mmmm. Girl Power. My powers are useless against it.

    Nice trip at the end. I didn't have to block out as much time as I used to, which is good for my
    busy schedule.

    Matt

  7. Per Löwdin

    Per Löwdin Guest

    Splendid.

    > Ahh, Sedona. Definetly on my short list of must do's

    It is on our list too, but when is the right season?

    We tend to get long summer holidays and I have a feeling that July and August are too hot. Correct
    me if I am wrong.

    Per http://lowdin.nu

  8. On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 19:14:51 GMT, "Per Löwdin" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Splendid.
    >
    >> Ahh, Sedona. Definetly on my short list of must do's
    >
    >It is on our list too, but when is the right season?
    >
    >We tend to get long summer holidays and I have a feeling that July and August are too hot. Correct
    >me if I am wrong.

    http://www.sedonaweather.net/xstats2.htm

  9. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    In news:[email protected],
    Per Löwdin <[email protected]> typed:
    > Splendid.
    >
    >> Ahh, Sedona. Definetly on my short list of must do's
    >
    > It is on our list too, but when is the right season?
    >
    > We tend to get long summer holidays and I have a feeling that July and August are too hot. Correct
    > me if I am wrong.
    >
    > Per http://lowdin.nu

    I was sent to Phoenix in August for training a few years ago. Stupid hot!!! One course ended
    Thursday so I headed to Sedona for the weekend. I stayed at the Kokopelli Inn just down the street
    from the Bike and Bean. I rented a bike from B&B. At about 4000ft elev. it's quite cooler than
    Phoenix and 90F didn't seem so bad compared to what I was putting up with. I did the Bell Rock,
    Cathedral Rock around to Chicken Point loop each day and amused myself around the trails in front
    of Courthouse Rock until it got too dark to ride 'em Friday. I was going to Submarine Rock on
    Saturday but had the flat from hell and had to walk back to the B&B from Chicken Point. Still I
    can't wait to go back.

    Mike

  10. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

  11. Rick B

    Rick B Guest

    Summer is miserable hot in Sedona I've ridden there in both July and august
    and it is well over 100degF. If we go during the summer months we can
    expect it to be a few degrees cooler than Phoenix but only a few and while
    riding it still feels like an inferno. I've seen a few riders that had
    thought it was going to be cool there get into a bit of trouble due to the
    heat. any other questions email me.
    rickB
    "Per Löwdin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Splendid.
    >
    > > Ahh, Sedona. Definetly on my short list of must do's
    >
    > It is on our list too, but when is the right season?
    >
    > We tend to get long summer holidays and I have a feeling that July and August are too hot. Correct
    > me if I am wrong.
    >
    > Per http://lowdin.nu

  12. Tcmedara

    Tcmedara Guest

    p e t e f a g e r l i n <[email protected]> wrote:
    > After the male bits at the beginning, it's all girl power all of the time with an acid trip throw
    > in at the end.
    >
    > http://www.mtbvideos.net/video/sedona04.mpg 45 mb

    You have brought me joy. Much thanks. It's all I have.

    Saw the doc today. He said it was okay to ride the stationary bike now.

    Just shoot me....

    Tom

  13. Jeff Edelen

    Jeff Edelen Guest

    Per Löwdin wrote:
    > Splendid.
    >

    >>Ahh, Sedona. Definetly on my short list of must do's
    >
    > It is on our list too, but when is the right season?
    >
    > We tend to get long summer holidays and I have a feeling that July and August are too hot. Correct
    > me if I am wrong.

    "Too hot" is a personal call. On a warm day, it may go a bit over 100F, at worst. The mornings will
    be well under 100F. Higher temps are great in that they keep trail crowding down.

    -Jeff

  14. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    Jeff Edelen <[email protected]> had this to say
    news:[email protected]

    > Per Löwdin wrote:
    >> Splendid.
    >>

    >>>Ahh, Sedona. Definetly on my short list of must do's
    >>
    >> It is on our list too, but when is the right season?
    >>
    >> We tend to get long summer holidays and I have a feeling that July and August are too hot.
    >> Correct me if I am wrong.
    >
    > "Too hot" is a personal call. On a warm day, it may go a bit over 100F, at worst. The mornings
    > will be well under 100F. Higher temps are great in that they keep trail crowding down.
    >
    > -Jeff

    O.k, but how's the humidity?

  15. MattB

    MattB Guest

    tcmedara wrote:
    > p e t e f a g e r l i n <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> After the male bits at the beginning, it's all girl power all of the time with an acid trip throw
    >> in at the end.
    >>
    >> http://www.mtbvideos.net/video/sedona04.mpg 45 mb
    >
    > You have brought me joy. Much thanks. It's all I have.
    >
    > Saw the doc today. He said it was okay to ride the stationary bike now.
    >
    > Just shoot me....
    >
    > Tom

    That's progress! Take what you can get. The rest will come...

    Matt

  16. MattB

    MattB Guest

    Jeff Edelen wrote:
    > Per Löwdin wrote:
    >> Splendid.
    >>

    >>> Ahh, Sedona. Definetly on my short list of must do's
    >>
    >> It is on our list too, but when is the right season?
    >>
    >> We tend to get long summer holidays and I have a feeling that July and August are too hot.
    >> Correct me if I am wrong.
    >
    > "Too hot" is a personal call. On a warm day, it may go a bit over 100F, at worst. The mornings
    > will be well under 100F. Higher temps are great in that they keep trail crowding down.
    >
    > -Jeff

    For this person, anything over about 85 or 90 is too hot!

    Matt (50's and sunny is perfect!)

  17. Ride-A-Lot

    Ride-A-Lot Guest

    p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
    > After the male bits at the beginning, it's all girl power all of the time with an acid trip throw
    > in at the end.
    >
    > http://www.mtbvideos.net/video/sedona04.mpg 45 mb

    Sedona is beautiful as always. Someday I'll retire there. The video is crystal clear, Pete. Did you
    use a polarizing filter to get the blues so nice?

  18. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >After the male bits at the beginning, it's all girl power all of the time with an acid trip throw
    >in at the end.
    >
    >http://www.mtbvideos.net/video/sedona04.mpg 45 mb

    The Clash, Offspring, Sedona and girls.

    Incredible combination,...nice video also, Bill

    :-]

  19. "Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected][nospam]schnauzers.ws> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
    > > After the male bits at the beginning, it's all girl power all of the time with an acid trip
    > > throw in at the end.
    > >
    > > http://www.mtbvideos.net/video/sedona04.mpg 45 mb
    >
    > Sedona is beautiful as always. Someday I'll retire there. The video is crystal clear, Pete. Did
    > you use a polarizing filter to get the blues so nice?

    No. My video camera is RGB based so it renders colors a bit beeter than my past cameras but I've
    found that with so much red/orange rock the sky always pops blue on video due to the way the cameras
    handle the auto color balance.

  20. Jeff Edelen

    Jeff Edelen Guest

    Dave W wrote:
    > Jeff Edelen <[email protected]> had this to say news:[email protected]
    >
    >>Per Löwdin wrote:

    [regarding Sedona...]

    >>>It is on our list too, but when is the right season?
    >>>
    >>>We tend to get long summer holidays and I have a feeling that July and August are too hot.
    >>>Correct me if I am wrong.
    >>
    >>"Too hot" is a personal call. On a warm day, it may go a bit over 100F, at worst. The mornings
    >>will be well under 100F. Higher temps are great in that they keep trail crowding down.
    >
    > O.k, but how's the humidity?

    Check the link to <http://www.sedonaweather.net> that Pete provided. The humidity isn't too bad.

    -Jeff