See ya!

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Greg, Mar 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greg

Greg Guest

Well, many of you will have your wish. I had no idea that my post regarding too much politics would
    have so many disagreements. I haven't perused this ng in a while; my only interest is getting info
    and giving out same to CYCLISTS. I don't need to a group to be the same as what I read in the paper.
    I meant no offense to anyone. If you took it, then tough! I won't look at this group again. If
    anyone knows of a ng for hardcore mountain bikers please let me know. This is not it.

Tags:

2. G.T.

G.T. Guest

Greg wrote:
    > Well, many of you will have your wish. I had no idea that my post regarding too much politics
    > would have so many disagreements. I haven't perused this ng in a while; my only interest is
    > getting info and giving out same to CYCLISTS. I don't need to a group to be the same as what I
    > read in the paper. I meant no offense to anyone. If you took it, then tough! I won't look at
    > this group again. If anyone knows of a ng for hardcore mountain bikers please let me know. This
    > is not it.
    >

rec.bicycles.racing, they love hardcore mountain bikers.

Greg
    --
    "Destroy your safe and happy lives before it is too late, the battles we fought were long and hard,
    just not to be consumed by rock n' roll..." - The Mekons

3. Wang

Wang Guest

In article <[email protected]>, "Greg" <[email protected]> wrote: snip

If anyone knows of a ng for hardcore mountain
    > bikers please let me know.

Check here:

www.bearmen.com

HTH,

Wang

4. Bb

Bb Guest

On Sat, 29 Mar 2003 18:22:56 -0800, Greg wrote:
    > If anyone knows of a ng for hardcore mountain bikers please let me know. This is not it.

Guess it was an assumption that you knew: rec.bicycles.off-road. They only get 2 to 3 posts a day,
    but you don't have to killfile those few threads that are off-topic.

--
    -BB- To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)

5. Penny S.

Penny S. Guest

Greg wrote:
    > Well, many of you will have your wish. I had no idea that my post regarding too much politics
    > would have so many disagreements. I haven't perused this ng in a while; my only interest is
    > getting info and giving out same to CYCLISTS. I don't need to a group to be the same as what I
    > read in the paper. I meant no offense to anyone. If you took it, then tough! I won't look at
    > this group again. If anyone knows of a ng for hardcore mountain bikers please let me know. This
    > is not it.

another option is to ignore it and post the kind of content you would like to read. Wow, there's
    an idea...

Penny

6. Michael Dart

Michael Dart Guest

"Greg" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Well, many of you will have your wish. I had no idea that my post
    regarding
    > too much politics would have so many disagreements. I haven't perused this ng in a while; my only
    > interest is getting info and giving out same to CYCLISTS. I don't need to a group to be the same
    > as what I read in the paper. I meant no offense to anyone. If you took it, then tough! I won't
    > look at this group again. If anyone knows of a ng for hardcore mountain bikers please let me know.
    > This is not it.
    >
    >

I don't wish you to leave. This NG is about mountain bikers and 'whatever' is on their minds. Hence
    the 'alt' part. There are lot's of hardcore (a few soft core one's too) mountain bikers in here. The
    events in Iraq are on everyones minds and it is a valid topic of discussion. It's been a long cold
    winter and we're just getting geared up...stick around but grow a thicker skin if you do. I'll talk
    mountain bikes 24/7 so what ya got?

Mike

7. "Greg" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

| If you took it, then tough! I won't look at this group again. If anyone knows of a ng for hardcore
    | mountain bikers please let me know. This is not it.

If you're not looking again, why are you soliciting recommendations?

The guys at www.goatse.cx are pretty hardcore.

You should hook up with them.

--
    Pete Fagerlin

Save Fruita trails! http://www.petefagerlin.com/bookcliffs.htm

p.s. stop posting, you've been banned.

8. Westie

Westie Guest

"Greg" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    regarding
    > too much politics would have so many disagreements. I haven't perused this ng in a while; my only
    > interest is getting info and giving out same to CYCLISTS. I don't need to a group to be the same
    > as what I read in the paper. I meant no offense to anyone. If you took it, then tough! I won't
    > look at this group again. If anyone knows of a ng for hardcore mountain bikers please let me know.
    > This is not it.

I'd like you to stick around. You got bogged down by the politics which you didn't come here for in
    the first place. Try to forget it, ignore the rest of the shit, start again and just stick to bikes
    and biking. There's some good useful and interesting stuff here and there ARE plenty of people that
    enjoy the biking just as much as the posting.
    --
    Westie

9. ..::Tbf::..

..::Tbf::.. Guest

--
    http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/ "Greg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    regarding
    > This is not it.
    >
    >

Dude, stick around, we don't always agree on here...actually we rarely agree, but every now and then
    you get really good bits of information.

10. Jd

Jd Guest

"Greg" <[email protected]> whined in message news:<[email protected]>... <snip
    whiny pc bullshit>
    > If anyone knows of a ng for hardcore mountain bikers please let me know.

You are so hardcore, I bow to you. Please, please stay, hardcore greg, we need you here. Now go get
    stuffed and don't let the door hit you in the hardcore ass on the way out.

JD

11. Bill Wheeler

Bill Wheeler Guest

On Sat, 29 Mar 2003 17:09:26 -0800, "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote:

>another option is to ignore it and post the kind of content you would like to read. Wow, there's
    >an idea...
    >
    >Penny
    >

...and I thought you were done with that nurturing crap. Damn it Penny every time I think there's
    hope for you, you let me down ;-)

Peace, Bill(Can't wait to see Penny PHLAME someone...watch out!)Wheeler

The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the mind should give
    an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
    :-]

12. Mark Hickey

Mark Hickey Guest

[email protected] (JD) wrote:

>"Greg" <[email protected]> whined in message news:<[email protected]>... <snip
    >whiny pc bullshit>
    >> If anyone knows of a ng for hardcore mountain bikers please let me know.
    >
    >You are so hardcore, I bow to you. Please, please stay, hardcore greg, we need you here. Now go get
    >stuffed and don't let the door hit you in the hardcore ass on the way out.

But be careful out there - those "hard cores" are pretty brittle and can snap in a major stackup.

Mark "glad I have a soft, springy core" Hickey Habanero Cycles http://www.habcycles.com Home of the
    $695 ti frame

13. Kathleen

Kathleen Guest

Mark Hickey wrote:
    > [email protected] (JD) wrote:
    >
    >
    >>"Greg" <[email protected]> whined in message news:<[email protected]>... <snip
    >>whiny pc bullshit>
    >>
    >>>If anyone knows of a ng for hardcore mountain bikers please let me know.
    >>
    >>You are so hardcore, I bow to you. Please, please stay, hardcore greg, we need you here. Now go
    >>get stuffed and don't let the door hit you in the hardcore ass on the way out.
    >
    >
    > But be careful out there - those "hard cores" are pretty brittle and can snap in a major stackup.
    >
    > Mark "glad I have a soft, springy core" Hickey Habanero Cycles http://www.habcycles.com Home of
    > the $695 ti frame

TMI!!!

Kathleen (I think they have a pill for that these days)

14. Supabonbon

Supabonbon Guest

"Greg" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > is not it.

Thanks Greg. Not for that pathetic 'you'll miss me when I'm gone' tripe (puhleeze! Are you a middle
    child from a large family or something?), but for using "See ya!" in your Subject heading. I use
    Google, which brings up all the common Subjects within a newsgroup. The first post was from John's
    trip to surgery a year and a half ago. It's one of the better posts I've ever seen in this group.
    Classic stuff! http://groups.google.com/groups?dq=&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&frame=right&th=a5b55-
    7a5d92d1e6f&seekm=3B98BFB9.3000809%40netscape.net#link1

Otherwise, adios Senior Sadsack! /s

15. Westie

Westie Guest

"supabonbon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Greg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Well, many of you will have your wish. I had no idea that my post
    regarding
    > > too much politics would have so many disagreements. I haven't perused
    this
    > > ng in a while; my only interest is getting info and giving out same to CYCLISTS. I don't need to
    > > a group to be the same as what I read in the paper. I meant no offense to anyone. If you took
    > > it, then tough! I won't look at this group again. If anyone knows of a ng for hardcore mountain
    > > bikers please let me know. This is not it.
    >
    > Thanks Greg. Not for that pathetic 'you'll miss me when I'm gone' tripe (puhleeze! Are you a
    > middle child from a large family or something?), but for using "See ya!" in your Subject heading.
    > I use Google, which brings up all the common Subjects within a newsgroup. The first post was from
    > John's trip to surgery a year and a half ago. It's one of the better posts I've ever seen in this
    > group. Classic stuff!
    >
    http://groups.google.com/groups?dq=&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&frame=right&
    th=a5b557a5d92d1e6f&seekm=3B98BFB9.3000809%40netscape.net#link1
    >
    > Otherwise, adios Senior Sadsack!

Oh no! That is just classic! LOL!
    --
    Westie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.