Seeing the 2005 TDF

Discussion in 'Professional Cycling' started by MikeyMike22, Mar 18, 2005.

1. MikeyMike22

MikeyMike22 New Member

Im 22 year old Aussie planning on following this years Tour de France and my other plans have fallen through so im starting from scratch again. My dilemma is that I have never travelled overseas on my own before and im tossing up my options on whats best to go for.

Tour package sounds good, pre planned, good for the beginner, travelling with other people BUT seems to generally have shorter packages and its hard trying to find something with less frills, a bit more basic.

Does anyone know of any tour companies that cater for this or even still is anyone on the lookout for travel buddies or spots to fill for the Tour?

Tags:

2. adventureguy

adventureguy New Member

You could look at the 16 day Roadforce tour with Adventure Travel at www.adventure-travel.com.au. It's not "no frills", but probably one of the best value tours around, and for a first time overseas visitor makes it a lot easier. Good luck.

3. tpiace

tpiace New Member

Hey there...

I am a 22 yr old Aussie girl who is also planning on going to see the tdf. Will be seeing the 3 stages around Pau then onto Paris for the last day.

Did you find a tour group to go with? I am travelling on my own which is a little scary...

Be great to see and aussie over there!

kait:)

4. MikeyMike22

MikeyMike22 New Member

Hey kait,

Yeh in the end I did find a tour group actually. I didnt have much luck in finding people to tour with and felt as though it was going to be too hard to organise myself anyway.

The company is called Sportstrails (www.sportstrails.com) and the tour im on runs from 14 to 25 July. Its not as expensive as a few of the other tour groups so check them out if the self guided thing doesnt work out for you.

And yeh would be great so see another Aussie over there!

Mike:)

5. tpiace

tpiace New Member

just checked out the web site... thanks for that... still not sure what way i should go though... ahh decisions decisions!

be great to chat to you... so send me an email if you like [email protected]

kaiti