Seeking a Cannondale 66cm frame

Hi All,

This past June I participated in the California AIDS Lifecycle. I
spoke with a Cannondale tech on the event who told me of a 66cm frame
that they make. I stupidly didn't get any more information and am
having zero luck trying to get my local Cannondale dealers to track it
down.

I desperately need a new bike, and a custom is just out of my price
range right now. If anyone has any information on this frame, please
let me know.

Thanks,
Matt

[email protected] wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> This past June I participated in the California AIDS Lifecycle. I
> spoke with a Cannondale tech on the event who told me of a 66cm frame
> that they make. I stupidly didn't get any more information and am
> having zero luck trying to get my local Cannondale dealers to track it
> down.
>
> I desperately need a new bike, and a custom is just out of my price
> range right now. If anyone has any information on this frame, please
> let me know.
>
> Thanks,
> Matt

what is your inseam?

On Jul 14, 5:02 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> This past June I participated in the California AIDS Lifecycle. I
> spoke with a Cannondale tech on the event who told me of a 66cm frame
> that they make. I stupidly didn't get any more information and am
> having zero luck trying to get my local Cannondale dealers to track it
> down.
>
> I desperately need a new bike, and a custom is just out of my price
> range right now. If anyone has any information on this frame, please
> let me know.
>
> Thanks,
> Matt

I do not know what your budget Waterford will make you a custom great
quality steel custom frame for cheaper than you might think. See the
Gunnar web site link below. I have one of their custom Rodie frames
($1,025) and am very happy with it. Light for steel and as stiff as
you decide it to be.

http://www.gunnarbikes.com/custom.php

Wayne

On Jul 14, 5:02 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> This past June I participated in the California AIDS Lifecycle. I
> spoke with a Cannondale tech on the event who told me of a 66cm frame
> that they make. I stupidly didn't get any more information and am
> having zero luck trying to get my local Cannondale dealers to track it
> down.
>
> I desperately need a new bike, and a custom is just out of my price
> range right now. If anyone has any information on this frame, please
> let me know.
>
> Thanks,
> Matt

I used to work at a dealer who sold Cannondales and at the time the 66
cm frame was a special order, frame set only (no complete bike in that
size). Cannondale framems, with their renowned stiffness, seem perfect
for tall riders, so the 66 cm frame should be worth getting assuming
it will fit you and your riding style.

Not sure what Cannondale is offering in tall frames nowadays, but it's
surprising the dealer didn't seem to be able to find out for you.
Maybe have them call Cannondale?

[email protected] wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> This past June I participated in the California AIDS Lifecycle. I
> spoke with a Cannondale tech on the event who told me of a 66cm frame
> that they make. I stupidly didn't get any more information and am
> having zero luck trying to get my local Cannondale dealers to track it
> down.
>
> I desperately need a new bike, and a custom is just out of my price
> range right now. If anyone has any information on this frame, please
> let me know.
>
> Thanks,
> Matt

It doesn't seem like Cannondale makes the 66 any more, which is a shame,
since it's a really good choice for the very tall rider. Cannondale also
made 68cm frames in their "touring" models, which in many ways were an
even better option. At this point I think Ebay might be your best
option, although be warned, I'll probably be bidding against you.