General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Seeking a Ming Tsai recipe

Started by Daisy · · Last activity · 5 posts · 723 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
12 January 2006
Last activity
17 January 2006
Original author
Daisy
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
723
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. On our Food TV in New Zealand we get many international cooking
    programs, and I think a lot of these are now quite old. I am
    interested in locating a Ming Tsai recipe when he had Jasper White as
    his guest and the guest did sauteed scallops served with an Asian
    sauce. Ming himself grilled chicken breast and then marinated it
    afterward in an Asian sauce and sliced it on salad greens etc. over
    rice noodles. The program is called Simply

    I simply cannot find this recipe anywhere on the Foodnetworktv.com
    website and believe me I've searched and searched. I wonder if
    someone has this recipe and could email it to me please.

    I would be most grateful.
    Daisy

    Carthage demands an explanation for this insolence!

  2. Hi Daisy,

    I have the book that accompanies the TV show:
    http://tinyurl.com/7l7fy

    I like the way to book is put together: he shows a 'master recipe' like
    a sauce, marinade or broth then has about 3 recipes to follow that use
    the master recipe as an ingredient.

    Was the sauce a miso-citrus marinade? There's a grilled scallop,
    broiled salmon and roasted miso-citrus chicken recipe to follow. It
    could have also been the thai lime dipping sauce that has a scallop and
    mango ceviche, calamari and thai lime chicken salad recipes.

    All of his recipes have 'asian sauces' so let me know what the sauce
    was and I'll see if it's in here

    cheers, melanie

  3. LipglossJunkie said:

    Hi Daisy,

    I have the book that accompanies the TV show:
    http://tinyurl.com/7l7fy

    I like the way to book is put together: he shows a 'master recipe' like
    a sauce, marinade or broth then has about 3 recipes to follow that use
    the master recipe as an ingredient.

    Was the sauce a miso-citrus marinade? There's a grilled scallop,
    broiled salmon and roasted miso-citrus chicken recipe to follow. It
    could have also been the thai lime dipping sauce that has a scallop and
    mango ceviche, calamari and thai lime chicken salad recipes.

    Yes this last looks like it. If I miss something in the program it
    repeats next day, but I wasn't able to watch the next day. It was the
    thai lime dipping sauce you mention and it was the thai lime chicken
    salad recipe that I wanted please. I think the guest used the sauce
    for the scallops he did and then Ming used the same sauce for the
    chicken salad recipe. It was really the method for the chicken salad
    I was most interested in, because he grilled the chicken and then put
    it in the sauce.

    Quoted message said:


    All of his recipes have 'asian sauces' so let me know what the sauce
    was and I'll see if it's in here

    Thank you so much for helping. I don't want to buy yet another
    cookbook at this time - I have over 50!

    Quoted message said:

    Cheers

    Quoted message said:

    cheers, melanie

    Daisy

    Carthage demands an explanation for this insolence!

  4. Hi Daisy,

    I emailed you the 2 recipes, let me know if you got them.

    His book is defenitely worth buying...you can buy the DVDs too. Don't
    know if they'll be available for PAL.

    Cheers,
    Melanie

  5. LipglossJunkie said:

    Hi Daisy,

    I emailed you the 2 recipes, let me know if you got them.

    His book is defenitely worth buying...you can buy the DVDs too. Don't
    know if they'll be available for PAL.

    Cheers,
    Melanie

    Hi Melanie

    No I didn't get the emails, but my newsgroup email address seems to
    have expired. Could you PLEASE resend them to me at

    [email hidden]

    I would be so so grateful. Thanx again

    Daisy

    Carthage demands an explanation for this insolence!

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.