seeking advice - handlebar tape

smootz

Sep 1, 2009
I just got back into road bikes after a looooong absence. I bought a barely used Trek Pilot. So far I love the bike. The only complaint I have with it so far is the cheap quality and poor factory installation of the handlebar tape. I have been out of this too long to know what kind of tapes are available and/or preferred. I live rural and trips to bike shops for personal shopping is rare. I mostly have to use mail order and buy sight unseen so I research as much as possible before ordering anything. Any advise would be appreciated.

SCOTTIE

smootz said:
I just got back into road bikes after a looooong absence. I bought a barely used Trek Pilot. So far I love the bike. The only complaint I have with it so far is the cheap quality and poor factory installation of the handlebar tape. I have been out of this too long to know what kind of tapes are available and/or preferred. I live rural and trips to bike shops for personal shopping is rare. I mostly have to use mail order and buy sight unseen so I research as much as possible before ordering anything. Any advise would be appreciated.

SCOTTIE

This

CINELLI GEL CORK HANDLEBAR TAPE at JensonUSA.com

And google the proper way to install.

There are so many good tapes out there right now. Cinelli cork would be an excellent choice - definitely look for something cork or synthetic cork. I recommend a tape with some padding built into it. I have used Profile tape for all my bikes. Check out...

Profile Bar Tape at Price Point