Seeking donations/sponsers for AIDS/LifeCycle Ride - Help me end AIDS!

jennyc

Guest
Hello all!!!

I am cycling 585 miles to help end AIDS, can you help me?

I'm a rider for AIDS/Lifecycle 4, a 7-day/585-mile/SF-to-LA cycling
event... yup, I'm biking from San Francisco to Los Angeles. I know
this experience will change my life, but I'm hoping that the money
raised will change the lives of people living with HIV and AIDS. The
money raised goes to benefit the Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Center as
well as the SF AIDS Center.

I'm a first time cyclist who is determined to do this for the cause
and for the challenge.

Please make a donation to help me exceed my fundraising goal of
$2500!!! Or simple words of encouragement are appreciated too. =)

Visit my website at http://www.aidslifecycle.org/3209

Thanks so much!
jennyc

jennyc wrote:
> Hello all!!!
>
> I am cycling 585 miles to help end AIDS, can you help me?
>
> Please make a donation to help me exceed my fundraising

goal of
> $2500!!! Or simple words of encouragement are appreciated

too. =)

More power to you, but this forum might be one of the least
likely places to get money.

1. Every season there are a number of these solicitations on
newsgroups.
2. We already get hit up by every acquaintance trying to do
these $$$$$ charity rides.
3. Some of us look upon biking 585 miles as an enjoyable
vacation, so the general angle of "help me, because I'm
willing to suffer" doesn't really play well here.

That said, the people I know who've gone on these rides have
found them a wonderful experience, AIDS is a terrible
disease, I understand the rides have been reorganized so
more of the money actually goes to AIDS research, and the
training will do you good. So, ride on!

--
Mike Kruger
"If English was good enough for Jesus Christ, it's good