Seeking recipe for Spicy Tofu like (Gulp!) Fast Food Courts

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Skookum, Mar 15, 2006.

  1. Skookum

    Skookum Guest

    In and around Vancouver, BC at almost every food court but most notably
    at Richmond's numerous malls(and the Airport), the food courts almost
    have this very soupy, spicy softish tofu dish. I'm tempted to say it's
    something in flavour like hot and sour soup but that's not quite right.
    It definitely has a "mouth feel" that suggests liberal use of
    cornstarch (but that's not exactly rare in Chinese food).

    Anyway, I would love to have the recipe because it's really the only
    tofu dish I really like. Ring any bells for anyone and if so, can you
    share a recipe?

    Tags:

  2. aem

    aem Guest

    Skookum wrote:
    > In and around Vancouver, BC at almost every food court but most notably
    > at Richmond's numerous malls(and the Airport), the food courts almost
    > have this very soupy, spicy softish tofu dish. [snip]
    > Ring any bells for anyone and if so, can you
    > share a recipe?

    Look for recipes for MaPo Dofu or Mapo Tofu. It's a well-known Sichuan
    dish. -aem