Seen elsewhere, great ebay bike

Bryan

New Member
May 1, 2003
Obviously some computer translation, definitely woirth a look :)

http://tinyurl.com/ye9o88 (linkt to ebay item 300037650532)

Hurry it's nearly gone :)

Bryan

Bryan wrote on 17/10/2006 09:55 +0100:
> Obviously some computer translation, definitely woirth a look :)
>
> http://tinyurl.com/ye9o88 (linkt to ebay item 300037650532)
>
> Hurry it's nearly gone :)

Wonderful!

I think I shall use "Avoid the earthquake" instead of "full suspension"
from now on ;-)

I also especially like the honest description of the gear mechs - stir
ago and stir behind. Not too accurate gear changing I take it.

--
Tony

- Leonardo da Vinci

in message <[email protected]>, Tony Raven
('[email protected]') wrote:

> Bryan wrote on 17/10/2006 09:55 +0100:
>> Obviously some computer translation, definitely woirth a look :)
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/ye9o88 (linkt to ebay item 300037650532)
>>
>> Hurry it's nearly gone :)
>>

> Wonderful!
>
> I think I shall use "Avoid the earthquake" instead of "full suspension"
> from now on ;-)
>
> I also especially like the honest description of the gear mechs - stir
> ago and stir behind. Not too accurate gear changing I take it.

What gets me is the pictures /so/ don't agree with the text.

"Ago fork:The Fox Float 120 RLs 120 mm route of travel, adjustable return
to play, lock to wait forever function"

Well, a Fox Float is a reasonable fork, but it doesn't look like that.

"Stir ago:Shimano M-580 LX
Stir behind:Shimano M-750 XT"

I quite like the idea of derailleurs being called 'stirs' - after all, you
use them for stirring the gears. But the derailleurs in the photo are
clearly marked 'SunRun'.

Tony Raven wrote:
> I think I shall use "Avoid the earthquake" instead of "full suspension"
> from now on ;-)

I wonder what "lock to wait forever function" is supposed to mean!

PhilD

--
<><

PhilD wrote:
> Tony Raven wrote:
>> I think I shall use "Avoid the earthquake" instead of "full suspension"
>> from now on ;-)

> I wonder what "lock to wait forever function" is supposed to mean!
>
> PhilD

In the touring stakes I don't think the Dawes Galaxy has much to fear.

Sam Salt

PhilD said:
Tony Raven wrote:
> I think I shall use "Avoid the earthquake" instead of "full suspension"
> from now on ;-)

I wonder what "lock to wait forever function" is supposed to mean!

PhilD

--
<><

It's fork lock out, you can wait forever for the fork to bounce 'cause it won't :)

I like teh fact it has 'flywheels' and all chainrings should be called 'tooth dish', but what is an 'Empress stalk'?

Bryan

Tony Raven wrote:
> Bryan wrote on 17/10/2006 09:55 +0100:
>> Obviously some computer translation, definitely woirth a look :)
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/ye9o88 (linkt to ebay item 300037650532)
>>
>> Hurry it's nearly gone :)
>>

> Wonderful!
>
> I think I shall use "Avoid the earthquake" instead of "full
> suspension" from now on ;-)
>
> I also especially like the honest description of the gear mechs - stir
> ago and stir behind. Not too accurate gear changing I take it.

I want a Truvativ Stylo tooth dish, too.

in message <[email protected]>, Bryan
('[email protected]') wrote:

> PhilD Wrote:
>> Tony Raven wrote:
>> > I think I shall use "Avoid the earthquake" instead of "full

>> suspension"
>> > from now on ;-)

>> I wonder what "lock to wait forever function" is supposed to mean!
>>
>> PhilD
>>
>> --
>> <><

> It's fork lock out, you can wait forever for the fork to bounce 'cause
> it won't :)
>
> I like teh fact it has 'flywheels' and all chainrings should be called
> 'tooth dish', but what is an 'Empress stalk'?

I'm /fairly/ confident that's the rear hub.

I also like the idea that it may take 35-45 days to deliver. After 45
days you can no longer do a Paypal chargeback for non-delivery *when* it
doesn't actually turn up....

All in all, having carefully considered, I think I'll give it a miss :)

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

On Tue, 17 Oct 2006, Ambrose Nankivell <firstname+'n'@gmail.com> wrote:
> Tony Raven wrote:
> >
> > I also especially like the honest description of the gear mechs - stir
> > ago and stir behind. Not too accurate gear changing I take it.

> I want a Truvativ Stylo tooth dish, too.

Although what is presumably the Truvativ Stylo tooth dish is marked
'sunwheel' in the pictures. Also, the Shimano XT stir behind appears
to be made from black plastic and is labelled 'sunrun'. Which is
strange - none of the XT componentry on my bikes has similar
markings...

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig