Seen elsewhere

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Just zis Guy, you know?, Dec 18, 2004.

  1. I just know that some of the regulars here will enjoy this:

    http://www.mo5.com/gori/misc/spectre/gallery.html

    A gallery of abysmally unconvincing, sub-Dr. Who film monsters.

    James (A) - I presume that many of these originate from your neck of
    the woods?

    Guy
    --
    "then came ye chavves, theyre cartes girded wyth candels
    blue, and theyre beastes wyth straynge horn-lyke thyngs

    Tags:

  2. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
    > I just know that some of the regulars here will enjoy this:
    >
    > http://www.mo5.com/gori/misc/spectre/gallery.html
    >
    > A gallery of abysmally unconvincing, sub-Dr. Who film monsters.
    >
    > James (A) - I presume that many of these originate from your neck of
    > the woods?

    Yep, Spectreman, a Fuji TV series of the early '70's who fought monsters
    created by his evil apeman nemisis Dr Gori. Probably the most
    successful imitator of the very successful Ultraman who is still going
    strong today (since the '60's) and has as good and better monsters (e.g.
    http://www.mugentoys.com/ulmo.html). Like Dr Who of the period, the
    kids loved it. Who remembers the equally unconvincing Sea Monsters, the
    Daemons, the Axons......

    Tony