Seen elsewhere

Just zis Guy, you know?

Guest
I just know that some of the regulars here will enjoy this:

http://www.mo5.com/gori/misc/spectre/gallery.html

A gallery of abysmally unconvincing, sub-Dr. Who film monsters.

James (A) - I presume that many of these originate from your neck of
the woods?

Guy
--
"then came ye chavves, theyre cartes girded wyth candels
blue, and theyre beastes wyth straynge horn-lyke thyngs

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
> I just know that some of the regulars here will enjoy this:
>
> http://www.mo5.com/gori/misc/spectre/gallery.html
>
> A gallery of abysmally unconvincing, sub-Dr. Who film monsters.
>
> James (A) - I presume that many of these originate from your neck of
> the woods?

Yep, Spectreman, a Fuji TV series of the early '70's who fought monsters
created by his evil apeman nemisis Dr Gori. Probably the most
successful imitator of the very successful Ultraman who is still going
strong today (since the '60's) and has as good and better monsters (e.g.
http://www.mugentoys.com/ulmo.html). Like Dr Who of the period, the
kids loved it. Who remembers the equally unconvincing Sea Monsters, the
Daemons, the Axons......

Tony