seen on the yarra trail singletrack today

Bleve

Guest
A bloke on a fairly agricutural MTB (may have been a hybrid, I didn't
look that closely) - ok, that's not that odd ...

But he had a tagalong, with a kid on it, and exhorting said kid to
pedal! And he was hooting along the singletrack nearish to the
junction of the Yarra trail and the Koonung trail (Bourke Rd'ish),
heading back from Westerfolds to Bourke Rd - we were riding the other
way and pulled over to let him through (and the two lovely lasses on
the MTB's, one in "spoken" kit who asked how we managed to stay so
clean in the mud! I didn't get your number! *doh*). If you've ridden
that section recently you'll know it's got some quite tight, tricky
sections with a lot of roots, ruts, mudholes and logs to negociate.

Wow .. some of the bits through there are moderatly tricky - especially
when some sections ot track are muddy, deeply rutted and *very*
slippery. I dunno whether to track him down & give him some sort of
award for getting his kid out and into it! Or have the crazy *******
locked up for child abuse!

WTF?

Trepidation wrote:

> You should get a life.
>
> Or stop wasting your time talking about driving your car. Do people go and
> post about their car drive? You guys are such loners arn't you all?
>
> How about stop being so ignorant and learn why cars are destroying the
> world:
>
> You can't understand World Politics if you havn't heard Benjamin Freedman
> and Myron Fagan's speeches about the illuminati and zionism:
> http://www.erichufschmid.net/BenjaminFreedmansSpeech16.mp3
> http://usa-the-republic.com/audio/index.html
>
> Daryl Bradford Smith has many examples of zionist complicity in the 911
> attacks and cover-up:
> www.iamthewitness.com
> Professor Steven Jones proof that WTC collapsed due to controlled
> demolition explosives:
> http://www.physics.byu.edu/research/energy/htm7.html
> "See how the faithful city has become a harlot! She once was full of
> justice; righteousness used to dwell in her -- but now murderers! Your
> rulers are rebels, companions of thieves; they all love bribes and chase
> after gifts. They do not defend the cause of the fatherless; the widow's
> case does not come before them." Isaiah 1: 21, 23
>

> "Bleve" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> A bloke on a fairly agricutural MTB (may have been a hybrid, I didn't
>> look that closely) - ok, that's not that odd ...
>>
>> But he had a tagalong, with a kid on it, and exhorting said kid to
>> pedal! And he was hooting along the singletrack nearish to the
>> junction of the Yarra trail and the Koonung trail (Bourke Rd'ish),
>> heading back from Westerfolds to Bourke Rd - we were riding the other
>> way and pulled over to let him through (and the two lovely lasses on
>> the MTB's, one in "spoken" kit who asked how we managed to stay so
>> clean in the mud! I didn't get your number! *doh*). If you've ridden
>> that section recently you'll know it's got some quite tight, tricky
>> sections with a lot of roots, ruts, mudholes and logs to negociate.
>>
>> Wow .. some of the bits through there are moderatly tricky - especially
>> when some sections ot track are muddy, deeply rutted and *very*
>> slippery. I dunno whether to track him down & give him some sort of
>> award for getting his kid out and into it! Or have the crazy *******
>> locked up for child abuse!
>>

>WTF?

Exactly. Its breaking my heart. How do you warn your beloved people when
they don't want to listen, when they have been misled and lied to and taught
to believe in falacies. Where do you go when you have nothing to sell, when
you ask for nothing and seek to gain nought but justice.

Its breaking my heart. This broke my heart:
http://www.physics.byu.edu/research/energy/htm7.html

--
[...]

"Spoken4" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [...]

> look that closely) - ok, that's not that odd ...
>
> But he had a tagalong, with a kid on it, and exhorting said kid to
> pedal! And he was hooting along the singletrack nearish to the
> junction of the Yarra trail and the Koonung trail (Bourke Rd'ish),
> heading back from Westerfolds to Bourke Rd - we were riding the other
> way and pulled over to let him through (and the two lovely lasses on
> the MTB's, one in "spoken" kit who asked how we managed to stay so
> clean in the mud! I didn't get your number! *doh*). If you've ridden
> that section recently you'll know it's got some quite tight, tricky
> sections with a lot of roots, ruts, mudholes and logs to negociate.
>
> Wow .. some of the bits through there are moderatly tricky - especially
> when some sections ot track are muddy, deeply rutted and *very*
> slippery. I dunno whether to track him down & give him some sort of

When you started with "fairly agricultural mtb" I thought you might have
seen me as I went through there tonight on the SS......didn't have no
trailer though!!!! I was actually trying to chase down a guy on a roadie
who pulled onto the trail at the top of the hill at the Kew golf course. I
was maxing out cadence wise on the down hill and the flat without really
making much ground up on him. Once we hit the closed in section between the
Fwy and Bourke Rd I caught up a bit but this might have had something to do
with the fact that he was only running an LED on the front and I had 10W on
the bars and 15W on the helmet!! I did my best to light up the couple of
blind corners in there and got to within about 5m by the bridge when he went
straight and I turned left.

I quite often see guys mucking around in the tight singletrack that is off
of the concrete path in that section between the Fwy and Bourke Rd and I
occasionally have a crack on it myself if I am in no particular hurry.
Might have to ride the dually tomorrow and have a crack at all the
singletrack that I can both into and back from work. Do you know if it is
possible to follow the river from the Fairfield pipe bridge and end up at or
near Dwights Falls??? I often take the trail along the river from the
Chandler Hwy bridge to the pipe bridge and it is a bit of a hoot but I have
never had the time to explore further along the river to see where the
trails come out.

Gags

Gags wrote:
> "Bleve" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> I quite often see guys mucking around in the tight singletrack that is off
> of the concrete path in that section between the Fwy and Bourke Rd and I
> occasionally have a crack on it myself if I am in no particular hurry.
> Might have to ride the dually tomorrow and have a crack at all the
> singletrack that I can both into and back from work. Do you know if it is
> possible to follow the river from the Fairfield pipe bridge and end up at or
> near Dwights Falls???

I don't know that part of it at all, living out at Vermont, I play a
bit around Westerfolds and the trails between Bourke Rd and there, but
I haven't ventured closer to the city on the MTB.

Charles Austin McCrann wrote:

> Exactly. Its breaking my heart. How do you warn your beloved people
> when they don't want to listen, when they have been misled and lied
> to and taught to believe in falacies.

Jesus had the same problem.

Theo

Gags said:
Do you know if it is
possible to follow the river from the Fairfield pipe bridge and end up at or
near Dwights Falls???

Gags
Yes, but not legally. This section is a walking track. There's enough single track upstream from the pipe bridge to keep me happy.

BTW, I have tackled some of the single track on a tandem with a kid on the back, but haven't tried it out with a trailer bike, yet.

Gags said:
<snip>

I quite often see guys mucking around in the tight singletrack that is off
of the concrete path in that section between the Fwy and Bourke Rd and I
occasionally have a crack on it myself if I am in no particular hurry.
Might have to ride the dually tomorrow and have a crack at all the
singletrack that I can both into and back from work. Do you know if it is
possible to follow the river from the Fairfield pipe bridge and end up at or
near Dwights Falls??? I often take the trail along the river from the
Chandler Hwy bridge to the pipe bridge and it is a bit of a hoot but I have
never had the time to explore further along the river to see where the
trails come out.

Gags

It's possible to ride singltrack from the west side of the pipeline bridge in Fairfield to the Yarra Bend golf course. It's a poach of a walking track though & there are some low fences to hop over.

Tours by appointment ;)