Seen tonight.

Tom Crispin wrote:
> On Sat, 7 Jun 2008 17:50:36 +0100, "Brownz \(Mobile\)"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Martin wrote:
>>> Just got in, and whilst I was out I saw this:
>>>
>>> http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&h...9665,-2.620725&spn=0.000471,0.001389&t=h&z=20

>> You saw a road - and it was so good you posted it twice - well done
>> - have a lollipop.

> The optional cycle lane, if that is what it is and not a bus lane, is
> unusually wide for an optional cycle lane.

Wooo ...... fap fap fap fap.

--
Cheerz - Brownz
'89 K100RS

Tom Crispin wrote:
> On Sat, 7 Jun 2008 17:50:36 +0100, "Brownz \(Mobile\)"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Martin wrote:
>>> Just got in, and whilst I was out I saw this:
>>>
>>> http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&h...9665,-2.620725&spn=0.000471,0.001389&t=h&z=20

>> You saw a road - and it was so good you posted it twice - well done - have a
>> lollipop.

Thankyou, I like lollipops.
The first post never re-appeared on my computer, and I though it got
lost in the ether.

> The optional cycle lane, if that is what it is and not a bus lane, is
> unusually wide for an optional cycle lane.

Correct, you win the banana.
At this point the advisory cycle lane going uphill (left to right) is
wider than the adjacent general purpose lane.
It thins out at the top, and is also thinner further down.

My guess is that the cycle lane is actually a traffic calming/road
narrowing measure. The cycle lanes on this road are the only ones of any
decent width that I have seen in Bristol.