Segway electric bike commuter

> I thought that the Segway had met a horrible death in the eyes of most
> people? I can't believe that some cities continue to buy and use these
> things. They seem like a waste of money to me.
>
> Ken

-----------
America innovation finds another way to increase obesity and heart disease.

Callistus Valerius wrote:
>> I thought that the Segway had met a horrible death in the eyes of most
>> people? I can't believe that some cities continue to buy and use these
>> things. They seem like a waste of money to me.
>>
>> Ken

> -----------
> America innovation finds another way to increase obesity and heart disease.

Very true. I believe we invented most things in the world today that
keeps people lazy. I might be a little bit lazy from time to time, but I
would never buy a segway, they seem, to me at least, like an electric
wheelchair, but for non handicapped persons.

Ken

On May 17, 1:27 pm, "[email protected]"
<[email protected]> wrote:
> On May 17, 4:35 am, "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/17/nyregion/17police.html

> The article says it will make the officers taller and more imposing.
> To me, anyone standing on a Segway, whether it's George Bush or a NY
> Cop, looks like a dufus. (Well, George Bush doesn't need a Segway).
> $5300, top speed of 12.5 mph, no exercise - Ugh - GET A BIKE.

If a cop on a segway hail me for most any reason, I think I'd run.
It'd be entertaining. I doubt he'd leave his $5000 wheelchair
unattended, and if he did it'd likely get stolen, which would just add
to the entertainment. I'd be willing to wager the penalties that
anyone lazy enough to be riding a segway can't catch me anyway. A few
years ago and a few tequila shots deep I'd have been going out of my
way to run up behind them yelling to spook them. I can't imagine
people, especially punk kids, taking these guys the slightest bit
seriously.

[email protected] wrote:

> If a cop on a segway hail me for most any reason, I think I'd run.
> It'd be entertaining. I doubt he'd leave his $5000 wheelchair
> unattended, and if he did it'd likely get stolen, which would just add
> to the entertainment. I'd be willing to wager the penalties that
> anyone lazy enough to be riding a segway can't catch me anyway. A few
> years ago and a few tequila shots deep I'd have been going out of my
> way to run up behind them yelling to spook them. I can't imagine
> people, especially punk kids, taking these guys the slightest bit
> seriously.

I read a couple or three years back that NYC had on average the fattest
police force of any US city, and that the police union steadfastly
refused to even consider any physical fitness tests for continued
employment.

Many are so fat that they have to use special equipment belts--longer
and with items angled so they could be reached under the gut.... :\
~

quietly sneaking around is good law enforcement. the odd nature of the
beast may be favorable as the image doesn't quickly caws the brain to
say ... whatever you say when you see one of these people

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On May 18, 9:18 am, "Tom Nakashima" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>
>> news:[email protected]...
>>

>> >http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/17/nyregion/17police.html

>> Where's the coffee cup holder and donut tray?
>> -tom

> GOOD QUESTION! we should keep an eye on equipment development here for
> tips on how-to!

Can't wait to see the fall season of Cops, NYPD on a Segway chase.
"Bad Boys, Bad Boys.....
Whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do when
they come for you".
-tom

The Segway is not a bike.

'nuff said.