Segway in Hyde Park - sighting



M

MartinM

Guest
Andy Leighton wrote:


> > My 11 year old's £4
> > pocket money a week is not going to go very far once he gets roped

into
> > it,

>
> Of course by then the RPG side of things might once again be in
> the ascendancy. The latest news is GW is releasing a new version
> of Warhammer FRP (you don't need expensive figures for this - just
> a few pounds for the main book and some polyhedral dice, paper,

pencils,
> imagination and lots of time).


so a non-starter commercially ;-)

Mega Blocks Dragons is very D/D, very nice little figures that fit onto
Lego, all superb detail with lighty up bits etc. He has a whole pile
that's been under the bed since last Xmas. It's the sort of thing that
I will hide when he gets bored of it and put in the loft before he does
a reconstruction of Aliens with it ("nuke the entire site from orbit")
 
A

Andy Leighton

Guest
On 13 Sep 2004 09:31:24 -0700, MartinM <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> Andy Leighton wrote:
>
>
>> > My 11 year old's £4
>> > pocket money a week is not going to go very far once he gets roped

> into
>> > it,

>>
>> Of course by then the RPG side of things might once again be in
>> the ascendancy. The latest news is GW is releasing a new version
>> of Warhammer FRP (you don't need expensive figures for this - just
>> a few pounds for the main book and some polyhedral dice, paper,

> pencils,
>> imagination and lots of time).

>
> so a non-starter commercially ;-)


Well the RPG hobby is undergoing a bit of a renaissance at the moment
although no-one is making lots of money fast from it - it can support
small companies especially with cheaper production costs now PCs are
more widespread.

> Mega Blocks Dragons is very D/D, very nice little figures that fit onto
> Lego, all superb detail with lighty up bits etc. He has a whole pile
> that's been under the bed since last Xmas. It's the sort of thing that
> I will hide when he gets bored of it and put in the loft before he does
> a reconstruction of Aliens with it ("nuke the entire site from orbit")


But bashing things up is half the fun. Me and my brother had a box
of a 100 or more dinky toys (or other brands of toy cars) - I can tell
you they were well scratched and bashed up by the time we finished with
them.

--
Andy Leighton => [email protected]
"The Lord is my shepherd, but we still lost the sheep dog trials"
- Robert Rankin, _They Came And Ate Us_
 
M

MartinM

Guest
"Andy Leighton" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> On 13 Sep 2004 09:31:24 -0700, MartinM <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > Andy Leighton wrote:
> >
> >
> >> > My 11 year old's £4
> >> > pocket money a week is not going to go very far once he gets roped

> > into
> >> > it,
> >>
> >> Of course by then the RPG side of things might once again be in
> >> the ascendancy. The latest news is GW is releasing a new version
> >> of Warhammer FRP (you don't need expensive figures for this - just
> >> a few pounds for the main book and some polyhedral dice, paper,

> > pencils,
> >> imagination and lots of time).

> >
> > so a non-starter commercially ;-)

>
> Well the RPG hobby is undergoing a bit of a renaissance at the moment
> although no-one is making lots of money fast from it - it can support
> small companies especially with cheaper production costs now PCs are
> more widespread.
>
> > Mega Blocks Dragons is very D/D, very nice little figures that fit onto
> > Lego, all superb detail with lighty up bits etc. He has a whole pile
> > that's been under the bed since last Xmas. It's the sort of thing that
> > I will hide when he gets bored of it and put in the loft before he does
> > a reconstruction of Aliens with it ("nuke the entire site from orbit")

>
> But bashing things up is half the fun. Me and my brother had a box
> of a 100 or more dinky toys (or other brands of toy cars) - I can tell
> you they were well scratched and bashed up by the time we finished with
> them.


should have kept them (and the box) have you seen what that stuff fetches at
Swapmeets?
BTW the new versions (Chitty Chitty Bang bang Limited Edition collectors
edition etc etc) are exactly that and because they will never get trashed
are probably all worthless. The reason old toys are worth money is that only
the anoraks did not smash them up so they are now rare.