Segway Scooters used by US army?

"Zoot Katz" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Wed, 14 May 2003 17:27:21 GMT, <Z%[email protected]>, "Matt O'Toole"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >Well, if you can't sell it to anyone else, maybe the government will buy it...
> >
> >Matt O.
>
> Starting Victoria Day, there will be a fleet of them for rent in Vancouver. City hall still hasn't
> decided how it's going to handle them. I'm going to smack 'em down any time I see one on a
> sidewalk and chase them into the door zone when they venture out into the street.

And people say cyclists are arrogant and aggressive. I wonder where they got that idea.

-B

>And people say cyclists are arrogant and aggressive. I wonder where they got that idea.

Probably from TV, or the Wendys drive-thru.

the Texas Elvis"------------------

In article <[email protected]>, "Eric S. Sande" <[email protected]> writes:
>>And people say cyclists are arrogant and aggressive. I wonder where they got that idea.
>
> Probably from TV, or the Wendys drive-thru.

I wonder if "smacking down" a Segway would be all that harmful? With all that high-tech,
computerized gyroscopic balancing act, I'd figure they'd pop right up again, just like those
inflatable toy punching bags with Popeye painted on 'em.

Maybe the Segway renters/riders (who'd likely be ppl looking for *any* escape /but/ bicycles, from
high gasoline or insurance prices) deserve a li'l smack upside the head for _not_ considering bikes.

So, maybe it's neither arrogant nor aggressive. Maybe it's just a simple non-verbal communication.
If they can't imagine that bikes are /already/ a more economical, healthy, viable and available
option ... maybe that's just what they need.

Or deserve.

cheers, Tom