Segway Scooters used by US army?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Zoot Katz" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Wed, 14 May 2003 17:27:21 GMT, <Z%[email protected]>, "Matt O'Toole"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >
> >Well, if you can't sell it to anyone else, maybe the government will buy it...
> >
> >Matt O.
>
> Starting Victoria Day, there will be a fleet of them for rent in Vancouver. City hall still hasn't
> decided how it's going to handle them. I'm going to smack 'em down any time I see one on a
> sidewalk and chase them into the door zone when they venture out into the street.

And people say cyclists are arrogant and aggressive. I wonder where they got that idea.

-B

>And people say cyclists are arrogant and aggressive. I wonder where they got that idea.

Probably from TV, or the Wendys drive-thru.

--

_______________________ALL AMIGA IN MY MIND_______________________ ------------------"Buddy Holly,
the Texas Elvis"------------------
__________306.350.357.38>>[email protected]__________

In article <[email protected]>, "Eric S. Sande" <[email protected]> writes:
>>And people say cyclists are arrogant and aggressive. I wonder where they got that idea.
>
> Probably from TV, or the Wendys drive-thru.

I wonder if "smacking down" a Segway would be all that harmful? With all that high-tech,
computerized gyroscopic balancing act, I'd figure they'd pop right up again, just like those
inflatable toy punching bags with Popeye painted on 'em.

Maybe the Segway renters/riders (who'd likely be ppl looking for *any* escape /but/ bicycles, from
high gasoline or insurance prices) deserve a li'l smack upside the head for _not_ considering bikes.

So, maybe it's neither arrogant nor aggressive. Maybe it's just a simple non-verbal communication.
If they can't imagine that bikes are /already/ a more economical, healthy, viable and available
option ... maybe that's just what they need.

Or deserve.

cheers, Tom

--
-- Powered by FreeBSD Above address is just a spam midden. I'm really at: tkeats [curlicue] vcn
[point] bc [point] ca

Thu, 15 May 2003 05:00:57 GMT, <daFwa.841780$3D1.483750@sccrnsc01>, "B. Sanders"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>
>And people say cyclists are arrogant and aggressive. I wonder where they got that idea.
>
>-B

Probably comes from their being a bunch of worthless wimps.
--
zk

"Tom Keats" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
> I wonder if "smacking down" a Segway would be all that harmful? With all that high-tech,
> computerized gyroscopic balancing act, I'd figure they'd pop right up again, just like those
> inflatable toy punching bags with Popeye painted on 'em.

Sounds like fun. You go first.

I also liked the article that followed the "Segway tank" piece on the originally posted link:
http://www.newworldodour.co.uk/issue0x01/weaponry.html

"The E Bomb... works by accelerating an electron beam against a mesh to produce microwave
oscillations which are focused by a mysterious property known only as "the force", which is then
sent to the enemy via hotmail or AOL instant messenger. "

In article <6bddaa24ba1a01d5d95bc731ebc8cf39@teranews>, "Mike Kruger"
<[email protected]> writes:
> "Tom Keats" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>>
>> I wonder if "smacking down" a Segway would be all that harmful? With all that high-tech,
>> computerized gyroscopic balancing act, I'd figure they'd pop right up again, just like those
>> inflatable toy punching bags with Popeye painted on 'em.
>
> Sounds like fun. You go first.

I guess I (or Zoot) get to go first, since Vancouver City Council has in its wisdom decided to
rent-out these glorified, cordless floor-polishers.

I've kept a wether-eye out for 'em, but nothing yet.

A plain, ol', flat, wooden hockey stick oughta do the trick.

Meanwhile, our local constabulary has warned them off the streets, saying they're subject to the
same by-law banning motorized skateboards from the asphalt wonderland. So, they're relegated to
the sidwalks, where little old ladies meander their ways home from the shops, with handfuls of
grocery bags.

cheers, Tom

--