Self-Catering on Isle of Skye

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Simonb, Feb 20, 2004.

  1. Simonb

    Simonb Guest

    I'm sure it was here that someone mentioned that they'd been on holiday on Skye?

    Can anyone recommend good, fairly cheap, self-catering accommodation.

    This is for a family holiday: me, wife, two kids (one six and on 1-and-a-bit) -- not really for
    cycling, but I will be taking my bike.

    Or any other Scottish Islands for that matter! Our options are open.

    TIA

    Simon

    Tags:

  2. John Hearns

    John Hearns Guest

    On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 22:12:16 +0000, Simonb wrote:

    > I'm sure it was here that someone mentioned that they'd been on holiday on Skye?
    >
    > Can anyone recommend good, fairly cheap, self-catering accommodation.
    >
    > This is for a family holiday: me, wife, two kids (one six and on 1-and-a-bit) -- not really for
    > cycling, but I will be taking my bike.
    >
    > Or any other Scottish Islands for that matter! Our options are open.

    You could visit Sandy in Millport!

    Depending on your mode of travel, Arran is easily reachable from Glasgow by train.

  3. "Simonb" <[email protected]> writes:

    >I'm sure it was here that someone mentioned that they'd been on holiday on Skye?

    >Can anyone recommend good, fairly cheap, self-catering accommodation.

    Scottish Youth Hostels Association? (You don't have to be young...)
    [http://www.dai.ed.ac.uk/homes/cam/]

  4. Sandy Morton

    Sandy Morton Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, John Hearns
    <[email protected]> wrote:
    > You could visit Sandy in Millport!

    Where the weather is absolutely fantastic at the moment.

    > Depending on your mode of travel, Arran is easily reachable from Glasgow by train.

    I didn't know that trains could float? and the BigMac doesnt't seem to have any wheels:)

    --
    A T (Sandy) Morton on the Bicycle Island In the Global Village http://www.millport.net

  5. A.Lee

    A.Lee Guest

    On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 11:07:17 +0000, Sandy Morton wrote:

    > In article <[email protected]>, John Hearns <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> You could visit Sandy in Millport!
    >
    > Where the weather is absolutely fantastic at the moment.
    snips

    Does that strange Italian chap, who is scared of the Mafia, still run the Cafe in Millport? Alan :)

    --
    To reply by e-mail, change the 'minus' to 'plus'. http://www.dvatc.co.uk - Off-road cycling in the
    North Midlands.

  6. Sandy Morton

    Sandy Morton Guest

  7. A.Lee

    A.Lee Guest

    On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 20:43:31 +0000, Sandy Morton wrote:

    > In article <[email protected]>, A.Lee
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> Does that strange Italian chap, who is scared of the Mafia, still run the Cafe in Millport?
    >
    > Luigi from the Ritz ?

    Quite possibly! The one with the adoptive daughter who would like to go to the bright lights of
    Glasgow! Alan.