Self Control

Hitchy

New Member
Jan 26, 2004
1,876
G'day,

well I've seen it all now!.....a mate has saved up all his hard earned $ & bought a Madone. He's waited 2 months for it to arrive from the US. He got a call from the LBS yesterday to tell him that it had arrived & that they wanted him to come in after the shop closed, so they could spend some time fitting it to him. The LBS spent 3 hours fitting it & talking to him about it...he finally arrives home at 10pm with his new pride & joy. I ring him this morning to find out how it went...only to find out that HE'S ACTUALLY GONE TO WORK TODAY!!!!!! he hasn't yet ridden it & he's gone to work!!!........man that's what I call self control!!!!......me, i woulda felt a sickie comin' on as soon as I heard from the LBS that it had arrived,

cheers,

Hitchy

Sounds ill, but if your friend was ill, he probably would of chucked a sickie and gone for a ride in the afternoon.:cool:

Paying the bills are important, but somethings in life are MORE important!

"Hitchy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> G'day,
>
> well I've seen it all now!.....<snip> . I ring him this morning to find
out how it went...only to find out
> that HE'S ACTUALLY GONE TO WORK TODAY!!!!!! he hasn't yet ridden it & he's gone to
> work!!!........man that's what I call self control!!!!......me, i woulda felt a sickie comin' on
> as soon as I heard from the LBS that it had arrived,
>
> cheers,
>
> Hitchy

Maybe he has to work to pay the thing off!

Interesting, if we scramble the Madone a little, it will be Modena. Then it would have come from Enzo's backyard rather than the US. AND, your mate probably had to work a little harder to pay it off. :)

Originally posted by Hitchy
G'day,

well I've seen it all now!.....a mate has saved up all his hard earned $ & bought a Madone. He's waited 2 months for it to arrive from the US. He got a call from the LBS yesterday to tell him that it had arrived & that they wanted him to come in after the shop closed, so they could spend some time fitting it to him. The LBS spent 3 hours fitting it & talking to him about it...he finally arrives home at 10pm with his new pride & joy. I ring him this morning to find out how it went...only to find out that HE'S ACTUALLY GONE TO WORK TODAY!!!!!! he hasn't yet ridden it & he's gone to work!!!........man that's what I call self control!!!!......me, i woulda felt a sickie comin' on as soon as I heard from the LBS that it had arrived,

cheers,

Hitchy

"Hitchy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> well I've seen it all now!.....a mate has saved up all his hard earned
$
> & bought a Madone. He's waited 2 months for it to arrive from the US.
He
> got a call from the LBS yesterday to tell him that it had arrived &
that
> they wanted him to come in after the shop closed, so they could spend some time fitting it to him.
> The LBS spent 3 hours fitting it &
talking
> to him about it...he finally arrives home at 10pm with his new pride & joy. I ring him this
> morning to find out how it went...only to find
out
> that HE'S ACTUALLY GONE TO WORK TODAY!!!!!! he hasn't yet ridden it & he's gone to
> work!!!........man that's what I call self control!!!!......me, i woulda felt a sickie comin' on
> as soon as I
heard
> from the LBS that it had arrived,

I can understand that. I do the same thing when I get new stuff. It drives other people mad!! :)
E.g. I bought a DSLR ($$$ camera) and cleaned the house before opening the box! There must be other
people like me who savour the waiting and resist the temptation as long as possible. ;-)

hippy another freak

Hi to all

Your mate had to wait only 2 months!!! He's a lucky guy. :D

I'm waiting for almost 5 months and it isn't still sure when it arrives. :(

I'm from Europe. I think, we aren't an important market for Trek.

greetz

Well its Madone Man here justifying not riding it on the first day, I just could not bear to ride it (scared of getting it scratched). I had to put it in the lounge room and look at it for a few days. I made up for it on Saturday. I took it for a 140K ride in some hills and got home and felt like I had not even been on the bike. Very smooth and fast. As comfortable as sitting in a lounge chair. I thought my Cannondale was comfy. I must not have known what the word meant. For those still waiting for theirs to be delivered, "Suffer". Watch out for the road season.

Madone Man

[...]

Originally posted by madoneman
Well its Madone Man here justifying not riding it on the first day, I just could not bear to ride it (scared of getting it scratched). I had to put it in the lounge room and look at it for a few days. I made up for it on Saturday. I took it for a 140K ride in some hills and got home and felt like I had not even been on the bike. Very smooth and fast. As comfortable as sitting in a lounge chair. I thought my Cannondale was comfy. I must not have known what the word meant. For those still waiting for theirs to be delivered, "Suffer". Watch out for the road season.

Madone Man

My LBS told me yesterday, that my madone will be delivered in mid may, that is more than 8 months after my order. :mad:

Something is going wrong.

Originally posted by Thunderboy
My LBS told me yesterday, that my madone will be delivered in mid may, that is more than 8 months after my order. :mad:

Something is going wrong.

G'day,

Obviously the swiss are not high on Trek's marketing plans!....I think after 8 mths I'd be looking for something else. In Oz, LBS's are queueing up to take our money for 'high end' stuff. I think I'd go crazy if i had to wait that long. Once I've made up my mind I want something (& I have the $$), I WANT IT NOW!.....keep your chin up,

cheers,

Hitchy

Originally posted by Hitchy
G'day,

Obviously the swiss are not high on Trek's marketing plans!....I think after 8 mths I'd be looking for something else. In Oz, LBS's are queueing up to take our money for 'high end' stuff. I think I'd go crazy if i had to wait that long. Once I've made up my mind I want something (& I have the $$), I WANT IT NOW!.....keep your chin up,

cheers,

Hitchy

Hi,

I want it also NOW, but it's unfortunately not possible. :(
You're right, i'm going crazy, but that's the price for getting this beautiful and smooth bike. :D

My hope is, that Trek Switzerland is not right with the estimated delivery time and my bike comes earlier. Wait, see and hope...