Self inflicted dark side experience

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Peter Amey, Aug 12, 2003.

  1. Peter Amey

    Peter Amey Guest

    It's all Colin B's fault: he posts an innocent looking question about a recommended rear wheel size
    for his Dutch recumbent kit; I type "Dutch recumbent kit" into Google; and now I've got one.
    Finished it last night. It needs a bit of attention to the chain line but I was able to ride up and
    down the drive a couple of times (once without falling off).

    The kit is mostly excellent although I did have problems with the latest version of the steering
    tube extender (acknowledged by the makers who are sending some new parts).

    Riding experiences will have to wait 'til I have actually gone somewhere on it.

    See http://www.dutchbikes.nl/uk.htm if you are tempted.

    regards

    Peter

    Tags:

  2. Ian

    Ian Guest

    Peter Amey must be edykated coz e writed:

    > It's all Colin B's fault: he posts an innocent looking question about a recommended rear wheel
    > size for his Dutch recumbent kit; I type "Dutch recumbent kit" into Google; and now I've got one.
    > Finished it last night. It needs a bit of attention to the chain line but I was able to ride up
    > and down the drive a couple of times (once without falling off).
    >
    > The kit is mostly excellent although I did have problems with the latest version of the steering
    > tube extender (acknowledged by the makers who are sending some new parts).
    >
    > Riding experiences will have to wait 'til I have actually gone somewhere on it.
    >
    > See http://www.dutchbikes.nl/uk.htm if you are tempted.
    >
    > regards
    >
    > Peter

    You just need to "Padawan" to an existing "Darth" now and you will soon develop a lofty attitude and
    the ability to choke a wedgie rider at 30 paces.

    Ian

  3. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected]
    cs.co.uk says...

    > It's all Colin B's fault: he posts an innocent looking question about a recommended rear wheel
    > size for his Dutch recumbent kit; I type "Dutch recumbent kit" into Google; and now I've got one.
    > Finished it last night. It needs a bit of attention to the chain line but I was able to ride up
    > and down the drive a couple of times (once without falling off).

    Bloody hell that was quick! My excuse is that I have been on holiday. I have a slot pencilled in for
    the bank holiday. I may have falling off reports too.

    Colin

  4. Graeme Dods

    Graeme Dods Guest

    Peter Amey <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > It's all Colin B's fault: he posts an innocent looking question about a recommended rear wheel
    > size for his Dutch recumbent kit; I type "Dutch recumbent kit" into Google; and now I've got one.

    Weird timing. I had a dream about one of those kits last night. Strangely though I'd decided to
    use my unicyle as the donor for the rear end. Due to being direct drive I had to ride it lying on
    my front with my arms stretched forward steering directly from the front axle (kind of a Superman
    type pose).

    Is there any hope for me :-/

    Have (weird dreamy) fun!

    Graeme

  5. Fraggle

    Fraggle Guest

    [email protected] (Graeme Dods) wrote in news:59655c11.0308120515.59bf15f0 @posting.google.com:

    > I had to ride it lying on my front with my arms stretched forward steering directly from the front
    > axle (kind of a Superman type pose).

    You mad fool! that would never work!

    you have to lie on your back, or you will scrape your knees on the road ;)

    Fragg

  6. Graeme Dods

    Graeme Dods Guest

    Fraggle <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > You mad fool! that would never work!
    >
    > you have to lie on your back, or you will scrape your knees on the road ;)

    Ah, that would explain the grazes on my knees when I woke up! Either that or I should really use
    some fabric softener when I wash the sheets :)

    Have fun!

    Graeme

  7. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

  8. Call Me Bob

    Call Me Bob Guest

    On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 10:39:40 +0100, Ian <[email protected]> wrote:

    >You just need to "Padawan" to an existing "Darth" now and you will soon develop a lofty attitude
    >and the ability to choke a wedgie rider at 30 paces.

    "Choke a wedgie"? I'm sure that must be some kind of filthy double entendre but I can't figure
    it out.....

    Bob