Self inflicted dark side experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Peter Amey

It's all Colin B's fault: he posts an innocent looking question about a recommended rear wheel size
for his Dutch recumbent kit; I type "Dutch recumbent kit" into Google; and now I've got one.
Finished it last night. It needs a bit of attention to the chain line but I was able to ride up and
down the drive a couple of times (once without falling off).

The kit is mostly excellent although I did have problems with the latest version of the steering
tube extender (acknowledged by the makers who are sending some new parts).

Riding experiences will have to wait 'til I have actually gone somewhere on it.

See http://www.dutchbikes.nl/uk.htm if you are tempted.

regards

Peter

Peter Amey must be edykated coz e writed:

>
> It's all Colin B's fault: he posts an innocent looking question about a recommended rear wheel
> size for his Dutch recumbent kit; I type "Dutch recumbent kit" into Google; and now I've got one.
> Finished it last night. It needs a bit of attention to the chain line but I was able to ride up
> and down the drive a couple of times (once without falling off).
>
> The kit is mostly excellent although I did have problems with the latest version of the steering
> tube extender (acknowledged by the makers who are sending some new parts).
>
> Riding experiences will have to wait 'til I have actually gone somewhere on it.
>
> See http://www.dutchbikes.nl/uk.htm if you are tempted.
>
> regards
>
> Peter
>
You just need to "Padawan" to an existing "Darth" now and you will soon develop a lofty attitude and
the ability to choke a wedgie rider at 30 paces.

Ian

In article <[email protected]>, peter.amey@praxis-
cs.co.uk says...
>
> It's all Colin B's fault: he posts an innocent looking question about a recommended rear wheel
> size for his Dutch recumbent kit; I type "Dutch recumbent kit" into Google; and now I've got one.
> Finished it last night. It needs a bit of attention to the chain line but I was able to ride up
> and down the drive a couple of times (once without falling off).

*********** that was quick! My excuse is that I have been on holiday. I have a slot pencilled in for
the bank holiday. I may have falling off reports too.

Colin

Peter Amey <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

Weird timing. I had a dream about one of those kits last night. Strangely though I'd decided to
use my unicyle as the donor for the rear end. Due to being direct drive I had to ride it lying on
my front with my arms stretched forward steering directly from the front axle (kind of a Superman
type pose).

Is there any hope for me :-/

Have (weird dreamy) fun!

Graeme

[email protected] (Graeme Dods) wrote in news:59655c11.0308120515.59bf15f0 @posting.google.com:

> I had to ride it lying on my front with my arms stretched forward steering directly from the front
> axle (kind of a Superman type pose).
>

You mad fool! that would never work!

you have to lie on your back, or you will scrape your knees on the road ;)

Fragg

Fraggle <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> You mad fool! that would never work!
>
> you have to lie on your back, or you will scrape your knees on the road ;)

Ah, that would explain the grazes on my knees when I woke up! Either that or I should really use
some fabric softener when I wash the sheets :)

Have fun!

Graeme

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 10:39:40 +0100, Ian <[email protected]> wrote:

>You just need to "Padawan" to an existing "Darth" now and you will soon develop a lofty attitude
>and the ability to choke a wedgie rider at 30 paces.

"Choke a wedgie"? I'm sure that must be some kind of filthy double entendre but I can't figure
it out.....

Bob
--
Mail address is spam trapped To reply by email remove the beverage

Status
Not open for further replies.