Self massage tools

Yep: tennis ball, dimpled hockey ball (the dimples give a little extra grip), golf ball, thumb, small rolling pins, and a thing that's used to "knock in" a cricket bat, which is a plastic-covered cricket ball on a stick.

I find the 'pro' foam rollers a little thick, so when I do the outer thigh, medial ligaments don't always like the slight load.

Originally Posted by numminummi .

Hi there..

Any good tips on tools for self massage on the legs?
this is where a wife or girlfriend comes in handy. I bring the sore legs and oil, she makes 'em feel better.

I use a foam roller for ham / quad. If you haven't been keeping up on it - it can be extremely painful so I'll start with two legs at a time and then as I work into it to increase pressure switch to 1 leg at a time and support myself with arms for less or rest more weight directly on the roller for more.

Also like a product called the stick (semi-flexible rod with rollers on it) as well as lacrosse ball for glutes. Hope that helps

I walk about 1/2 mile from the house and stand, or sit under the waterfall for a while, and let the natural whirlpool bubble away my pains and troubles. Then. I may throw a fly for a few minutes, and catch a trout for supper. Life is good.........
Quote:Originally Posted by numminummi . Hi there..

Any good tips on tools for self massage on the legs?

Originally Posted by schwinnhund .

I walk about 1/2 mile from the house and stand, or sit under the waterfall for a while, and let the natural whirlpool bubble away my pains and troubles. Then. I may throw a fly for a few minutes, and catch a trout for supper.Life is good.........
Jee, it'd be nice if we had waterfalls in Melbourne....and if it was day time...and if it wasn't winter.....and if it wasn't 6 degrees C. :) Ha!