Selle Italia Max Flite Gel Flow verses Trans Am

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Kevin Lutz, Feb 18, 2004.

  1. Kevin Lutz

    Kevin Lutz Guest

    I have been riding with a Selle Italia Max Flite Trans AM for a few years and liked it so much I put
    one on a few of my bikes. My first saddle is getting worn-out and needs to be replaced, but it looks
    like the Trans Am model is no longer being made.

    Can anyone give me feedback on the Max Flite Gel Flow? I would especially like feedback from someone
    who also has experience with the Max Flite Trans Am and switched to the Gel Flow. I can't tell from
    the photos if the Gel Flow is esentially the same saddle or if it's bulkier because of the gel.

    Thanks for your help.

    Kevin St. Charles, IL

    Tags:

  2. Smmb

    Smmb Guest

    A "few of [your] bikes" ?? How'd you wear anything out !?

    news:[email protected]...
    --
    Bonne route,

    Sandy Paris FR

  3. Jean Pasquet

    Jean Pasquet Guest

    Bonjour,

    Kevin Lutz a écrit :

    > I have been riding with a Selle Italia Max Flite Trans AM for a few years and liked it so much I
    > put one on a few of my bikes. My first saddle is getting worn-out and needs to be replaced, but it
    > looks like the Trans Am model is no longer being made. Can anyone give me feedback on the Max
    > Flite Gel Flow? I would especially like feedback from someone who also has experience with the Max
    > Flite Trans Am and switched to the Gel Flow. I can't tell from the photos if the Gel Flow is
    > esentially the same saddle or if it's bulkier because of the gel.

    I have a saddle Selle Italia Gelflow and Transam ! But, it is about Prolink ! The characteristics
    are very close; by experiment on Prolink, as much Transam appears me to be a good solution to avoid
    heating and indurations, as much GelFlow hardly appears useful to me ! But, the max Flite being less
    better suspended, perhaps is this an interesting point ! This freezing involves a light displacement
    on the saddle with the pédalage
    !

    --
    Cordialement, Jean Pasquet "On respecte un homme qui se respecte lui-même" [Honoré de Balzac]
    (remettre le "a" manquant pour me répondre)

  4. I have the gel flow one, a friend has the non-gel one. Both are of similar dimensions and bulk. The
    gel flow is a tiny itsy-bitsy bit softer in the gel areas. The differences are all looks and
    marketing, that's all. I don't think there is a darn bit of difference in comfort.

    I love the Max Flite Trans Am Gel Flow (have one on three bikes!) but I hate one thing about
    them...the area around the cut out weakens a bit after a few thousand miles, and especially in hot
    weather will sag enough to squeak on the seat rails. I deal with this by putting a little grease
    between the rails and that part of the saddle. My friend with the max-flite trans am finds the
    same issue.

    [email protected] (Kevin Lutz) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I have been riding with a Selle Italia Max Flite Trans AM for a few years and liked it so much I
    > put one on a few of my bikes. My first saddle is getting worn-out and needs to be replaced, but it
    > looks like the Trans Am model is no longer being made.
    >
    > Can anyone give me feedback on the Max Flite Gel Flow? I would especially like feedback from
    > someone who also has experience with the Max Flite Trans Am and switched to the Gel Flow. I can't
    > tell from the photos if the Gel Flow is esentially the same saddle or if it's bulkier because of
    > the gel.
    >
    > Thanks for your help.
    >
    > Kevin St. Charles, IL

  5. Neacalban1

    Neacalban1 Guest

    Sqeaking huh, well that explains a few things, maybe. I've used a Transam for about 3 years, and the
    leather on the bottom edges, forward of the clamp, where it contacts the saddle rails, has worn out.

    I just got a Flite Gel Flow, which appears to be essentially the transam with a little gel
    padding added.