Selle Italia or San Marco

pit_usa

Feb 27, 2006
Hi everyone!

Can you guys give me advice between Selle Italia SLR 125gms and San Marco ASPIDE-leather? They may be close to each other but w/c is much better? I know that depends on the rider, but generally? Anybody who has experience on these?

Thanks!:D

peter.

Both saddles are comparable in quality and price(depending upon where you shop). The only difference here is which your backside prefers.

I hate San Marco saddle because they are so narrow, but you may like them just fine.

Got 'em both, love 'em both. Most knocks on saddles can be attributed to improper fit. It all depends on what you riding style is. If you are a casual rec rider, you'll want something plusher. I race quite a bit and thus prefer a minimalist type saddle. Very personal prefernce here.

capwater said:
Got 'em both, love 'em both. Most knocks on saddles can be attributed to improper fit. It all depends on what you riding style is. If you are a casual rec rider, you'll want something plusher. I race quite a bit and thus prefer a minimalist type saddle. Very personal prefernce here.
OK. If you have to choose one(1), what is it? I know it's a point....something difference, but w/c point is higher?

Arrgggh!!! Ya gonna force me to make a command decision this early on a Sunday morning? OK, "if" I had to choose one it would be the San Marco. Why? Dunno, maybe cuz I've used them longer. That being said, I did a 100 miler yesterday on the Selle Italia and it was very comfy.

capwater said:
Arrgggh!!! Ya gonna force me to make a command decision this early on a Sunday morning? OK, "if" I had to choose one it would be the San Marco. Why? Dunno, maybe cuz I've used them longer. That being said, I did a 100 miler yesterday on the Selle Italia and it was very comfy.
ALRIGHT!!!!!!!! hahahha!!! Sorry bout that, I just placed an order from our LBS and picked SELLE ITALIA SLR. Thank you very much to all specially to you CAPWATER!

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!

You will find that if you remove the saddle but still leave the seat post, you get a really good fit. Height adjustment is made with muscle control. The downside is that when you stand on the pedals to sprint, you get a 'POP' sound, like a wine cork from a bottle, which unfortunately warns other riders that you are sprinting.

Russ Reynolds said:
You will find that if you remove the saddle but still leave the seat post, you get a really good fit. Height adjustment is made with muscle control. The downside is that when you stand on the pedals to sprint, you get a 'POP' sound, like a wine cork from a bottle, which unfortunately warns other riders that you are sprinting.
RUSS,

Hi, what do you mean?? Can you please elaborate it further?

Thank you very much sirrrr...

Russ Reynolds said:
Well, this is one way to resolve any questions concerning which saddle is better. Unfortunately I have found that when I start to sprint using this "method", I tend to sound like the Wheel on the a popular US Game Show, The Wheel of Flatulence.....oops, I mean Fortune!:D

Another downside is that there is no for, aft or tilt adjustment. You can try all you like but it just brings tears to you eyes.