Selle Italia TRIMATIC2

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Stefan Recke, Jun 25, 2003.

  1. Stefan Recke

    Stefan Recke Guest

    Has anybody made experiences with this saddle. What characteristics does it have concerning uphill
    cycling and longer trips (>100 km). I've seen that Laurent Jalabert is riding this model.

    Thanks for any comments! Stefan

    Tags:

  2. Mikeyankee

    Mikeyankee Guest

    I believe the non-gel version is the same as the original Trimatic except for cosmetic differences.
    (Maybe somebody can confirm or correct this?)

    Anyhow, the [original leather, non-gel] Trimatic has long been my favorite saddle; rode 94 miles two
    days ago including several long climbs. The only disadvantage is that the elastomers tend to wear.
    When they do, they squeak annoyingly and need to be slienced with a squirt of silicone oil.

    Mike Yankee

    (Address is munged to thwart spammers. To reply, delete everything after "com".)

  3. Peter Cole

    Peter Cole Guest

    "Stefan Recke" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Has anybody made experiences with this saddle. What characteristics does it have concerning uphill
    > cycling and longer trips (>100 km). I've seen that Laurent Jalabert is riding this model.

    I swapped saddles with a friend and got an original Trimatic in trade. I was particularly interested
    in distance riding. I've done 400 km rides with it, much better than any other saddle I've tried.