Selle Italy Flite SLR

Hjalmar DuklæT

Guest
Does anybody have any opinions about this saddle? Hjalmar

In article <[email protected]>,
"Hjalmar Duklæt" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Does anybody have any opinions about this saddle? Hjalmar

Yes.

pax est libertas servitus est ignoratio vis est

"Steven L. Sheffield" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Hjalmar Duklæt" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Does anybody have any opinions about this saddle? Hjalmar
>

> Yes.

Could you please be a little more informative?? Pro/cons.

> --
> Steven L. Sheffield stevens at veloworks dot com veloworks at worldnet dot ay tea tee dot net
> bellum pax est libertas servitus est ignoratio vis est

In article <%[email protected]>,
"Hjalmar Duklæt" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Steven L. Sheffield" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > "Hjalmar Duklæt" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > > Does anybody have any opinions about this saddle? Hjalmar
> >

> > Yes.
>
> Could you please be a little more informative?? Pro/cons.

No.

pax est libertas servitus est ignoratio vis est

[email protected] (GK) wrote in message
news:<1funwgk.18sw3oyjstaswN%[email protected]>...
> Which one? The Flite or the SLR??
>
> Hjalmar Duklæt <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Does anybody have any opinions about this saddle? Hjalmar

I have had several of these saddles, and have liked every single one of them. I agree with the
durability problem. The material is light, and thin, so it tends to wear out pretty quick. Once your
taint is worn into this saddle though, it's all good.

Tom

[email protected] (GK) wrote in message
news:<1funwgk.18sw3oyjstaswN%[email protected]>...
> Which one? The Flite or the SLR??
>
> Hjalmar Duklæt <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Does anybody have any opinions about this saddle? Hjalmar

Yes, two different models. The Flites have been around a few years. The SLR's are about a year old?
I've had a SLR for about a year, I ride and race up to 100km. It is fine. I think it has similar
comfort as my previous Flite. I still use a Flite on the tandem for 100-200 mile rides. My wife
rides on the SLR carbon. To the touch, everyone thinks it will be too hard. She likes it, does 100
km rides on it. Bob Parker

Is the SLR carbon the same as the regular SLR but with the padding removed? I'm just thinking
that people who mention the padding wearing off are getting a SLR carbon, or are they two
different saddles?

>My wife rides on the SLR carbon. To the touch, everyone thinks it will be too hard. She likes it,
>does 100 km rides on it.

I stop using mine. The edges of the saddle don't curve downwards enough and end up carving the
inside of my thighs. Changed to a Flite saddle and problem solved. Another in my club removed his
SLR for the same reason.

Gary

Tom Arsenault <[email protected]> wrote:

> [email protected] (GK) wrote in message
news:<1funwgk.18sw3oyjstaswN% [email protected]>...
> > Which one? The Flite or the SLR??
> >
> > Hjalmar Duklæt <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > > Does anybody have any opinions about this saddle? Hjalmar
>
> I have had several of these saddles, and have liked every single one of them. I agree with the
> durability problem. The material is light, and thin, so it tends to wear out pretty quick. Once
> your taint is worn into this saddle though, it's all good.
>
> Tom

i tried out the SLR and it ripped the buttocks off me. i have to agree with the other posts in that
it doesnt curve down enough to prevent serious gouging into your inner thighs. but then again, its
prob all the way you sit on the saddle. people that sit more on their sitbones will work better with
that saddle. rather than people like I that sit on every bike like a time trial machine. ron

"Hjalmar Duklæt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Hjalmar Duklæt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:p[email protected]...
>
> Thanks for all comments and sorry about the naming conflicts. It was the
SLR