Selle Italy Flite SLR

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Hjalmar DuklæT, May 8, 2003.

  1. Does anybody have any opinions about this saddle? Hjalmar

    Tags:

  2. In article <[email protected]>,
    "Hjalmar Duklæt" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Does anybody have any opinions about this saddle? Hjalmar

    Yes.

    pax est libertas servitus est ignoratio vis est

  3. "Steven L. Sheffield" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > "Hjalmar Duklæt" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Does anybody have any opinions about this saddle? Hjalmar
    >

    > Yes.

    Could you please be a little more informative?? Pro/cons.

    > --
    > Steven L. Sheffield stevens at veloworks dot com veloworks at worldnet dot ay tea tee dot net
    > bellum pax est libertas servitus est ignoratio vis est

  4. In article <%[email protected]>,
    "Hjalmar Duklæt" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Steven L. Sheffield" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > In article <[email protected]>,
    > > "Hjalmar Duklæt" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > > Does anybody have any opinions about this saddle? Hjalmar
    > >

    > > Yes.
    >
    > Could you please be a little more informative?? Pro/cons.

    No.

    pax est libertas servitus est ignoratio vis est

  5. Garyg

    Garyg Guest

  6. Gk

    Gk Guest

    Which one? The Flite or the SLR??

    Hjalmar Duklæt <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Does anybody have any opinions about this saddle? Hjalmar

  7. [email protected] (GK) wrote in message
    news:<1funwgk.18sw3oyjstaswN%[email protected]>...
    > Which one? The Flite or the SLR??
    >
    > Hjalmar Duklæt <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Does anybody have any opinions about this saddle? Hjalmar

    I have had several of these saddles, and have liked every single one of them. I agree with the
    durability problem. The material is light, and thin, so it tends to wear out pretty quick. Once your
    taint is worn into this saddle though, it's all good.

    Tom

  8. Bob Parker

    Bob Parker Guest

    [email protected] (GK) wrote in message
    news:<1funwgk.18sw3oyjstaswN%[email protected]>...
    > Which one? The Flite or the SLR??
    >
    > Hjalmar Duklæt <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Does anybody have any opinions about this saddle? Hjalmar

    Yes, two different models. The Flites have been around a few years. The SLR's are about a year old?
    I've had a SLR for about a year, I ride and race up to 100km. It is fine. I think it has similar
    comfort as my previous Flite. I still use a Flite on the tandem for 100-200 mile rides. My wife
    rides on the SLR carbon. To the touch, everyone thinks it will be too hard. She likes it, does 100
    km rides on it. Bob Parker

  9. home2

    home2 Guest

    Is the SLR carbon the same as the regular SLR but with the padding removed? I'm just thinking
    that people who mention the padding wearing off are getting a SLR carbon, or are they two
    different saddles?

    >My wife rides on the SLR carbon. To the touch, everyone thinks it will be too hard. She likes it,
    >does 100 km rides on it.

  10. "Hjalmar Duklæt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...

    Thanks for all comments and sorry about the naming conflicts. It was the SLR I meant -. not the
    Flite. I guess I'll give it a try. Hjalmar

  11. Gk

    Gk Guest

    I stop using mine. The edges of the saddle don't curve downwards enough and end up carving the
    inside of my thighs. Changed to a Flite saddle and problem solved. Another in my club removed his
    SLR for the same reason.

    Gary

    Tom Arsenault <[email protected]> wrote:

    > [email protected] (GK) wrote in message
    news:<1funwgk.18sw3oyjstaswN% [email protected]>...
    > > Which one? The Flite or the SLR??
    > >
    > > Hjalmar Duklæt <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > > Does anybody have any opinions about this saddle? Hjalmar
    >
    > I have had several of these saddles, and have liked every single one of them. I agree with the
    > durability problem. The material is light, and thin, so it tends to wear out pretty quick. Once
    > your taint is worn into this saddle though, it's all good.
    >
    > Tom

  12. Ron Williams

    Ron Williams Guest

    i tried out the SLR and it ripped the buttocks off me. i have to agree with the other posts in that
    it doesnt curve down enough to prevent serious gouging into your inner thighs. but then again, its
    prob all the way you sit on the saddle. people that sit more on their sitbones will work better with
    that saddle. rather than people like I that sit on every bike like a time trial machine. ron