Selle San Marco Aspide Composite Carbon Saddle

zaskar

Aug 3, 2003
Any body here ride this saddle? im tired of my leather saddles ripping from leg rub and was thinking this may be an option. im concerned about the comfort of riding an all carbon saddle.

Yeah, I'd like to find out about this saddle as well. I'm in the market for something light (<200g) with a center channel and this looks like the ticket.

John Budnik said:
Yeah, I'd like to find out about this saddle as well. I'm in the market for something light (<200g) with a center channel and this looks like the ticket.
I looked into the Aspide as well, but ended up getting a San Marco Rever upon recommendation from my LBS - it's awesome!
My first 5 hour ride on it left me cursing it to bits, but i got over that impression after a few rides. I've had it now for 3 months and think it's a fantastic saddle and by far the best i've used. Very light as well. I think probikekit.com has some good deals on them, but they're still pricy

They say the Aspide has the gel up front that's supposed to help with TT/triathlon positioning. I've use the Rever in TT's and haven;t had any issues with it.

cheers

I have ridden the San Marco Composite, and it was too skinny and it was more like a bar that jammed up your rear. On the other hand, I used to have a selle italia flite, but switched to the SLR Carbon (88 g on my scale) and it is 100% more comfortable than the flite i had. it just "fits". Hope this helps.....might consider this saddle as well. Ive ridden it on 4 and 5 hr rides before and never felt uncomfortable or sore afterwards, as the flite i did feel uncomfortable sometimes.

zaskar said:
Any body here ride this saddle? im tired of my leather saddles ripping from leg rub and was thinking this may be an option. im concerned about the comfort of riding an all carbon saddle.
Believe it all depends on what width saddle you need. The regular SSM Aspide was too narrow for me by 1-2 cm. The hard, flat edges hit right on the sides of my sitzbones, making the saddle uncomfortable.