Selling advice: complete bike or individual parts?

PeterF

Sep 13, 2004
If you were to sell a bike (Pinarello Opera frameset, full Record 10 speed), would you sell the entire bike or strip the parts down and sell them individually? My original thought would be to sell it in parts, since the individual components are all in excellent shape, as is the frameset. Plus, anyone looking for high end steel frameset like the Opera, may want to build it with their own stuff, especially bar/stem/saddle etc. I've never sold a bike on ebay/craigslist before, so I would appreciate any advice.

Thank you

PeterF said:
If you were to sell a bike (Pinarello Opera frameset, full Record 10 speed), would you sell the entire bike or strip the parts down and sell them individually? My original thought would be to sell it in parts, since the individual components are all in excellent shape, as is the frameset. Plus, anyone looking for high end steel frameset like the Opera, may want to build it with their own stuff, especially bar/stem/saddle etc. I've never sold a bike on ebay/craigslist before, so I would appreciate any advice.

Thank you

Parts. Definitely.

PeterF said:
Thank you.
From a buyers point of view, you should sell it in parts. I have a bucket full of cheap components that I have taken off bikes that I have bought only for the frame.

Hi

you know, i have been all my life buying parts and replacing them or upgrading them, as well as frames, it also feels good to have some sort of unique or custom gear. However, i have to admit that nowadays its harder to decide, because complete bikes come very well equiped and in all sorts of component's combinations and in every possible price range.

Regards