Selling advice for recumbent

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Ian

Hi all,

I have finally decided to sell my two wheel recumbent, my left knee is jiggered and cannot support
me well when I stop so I'm switching to my trike only. Can anyone recommend the best place to
advertise the bent? Any advice appreciated.

Ian

"Ian" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BB0E2BC4.4D00%[email protected]...

> I have finally decided to sell my two wheel recumbent, my left knee is jiggered and cannot support
> me well when I stop so I'm switching to my
trike
> only. Can anyone recommend the best place to advertise the bent?

Small ad in Velovision or CTC Mag seems a likely one. What flavour is it?

--
Guy
===
I wonder if you wouldn't mind piecing out our imperfections with your thoughts; and while you're
about it perhaps you could think when we talk of bicycles, that you see them printing their proud
wheels i' the receiving earth; thanks awfully.

I check them out thanks, it is a Challenge Wizard OSS model with a few nice things like hydraulic
brakes, de or hubs and dereilliurs, it is a shame to sell as the bike is really nice to ride, very
comfy and suitable for commuting or touring, but this falling over at junctions thing is getting
very depressing, only a matter of time before blind woman in Volvo runs over my head as well.

Ian

> From: "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling Date:
> Thu, 12 Jun 2003 13:30:57 +0100 Subject: Re: Selling advice for recumbent
>
> "Ian" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BB0E2BC4.4D00%[email protected]...
>
>> I have finally decided to sell my two wheel recumbent, my left knee is jiggered and cannot
>> support me well when I stop so I'm switching to my
> trike
>> only. Can anyone recommend the best place to advertise the bent?
>
> Small ad in Velovision or CTC Mag seems a likely one. What flavour is it?
>
> --
> Guy
> ===
> I wonder if you wouldn't mind piecing out our imperfections with your thoughts; and while you're
> about it perhaps you could think when we talk of bicycles, that you see them printing their proud
> wheels i' the receiving earth; thanks awfully.

"Ian" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BB0E31E6.4D0A%[email protected]...

> I check them out thanks, it is a Challenge Wizard OSS model with a few
nice
> things like hydraulic brakes, de or hubs and dereilliurs, it is a shame to sell as the bike is
> really nice to ride, very comfy and suitable for commuting or touring, but this falling over at
> junctions thing is getting very depressing, only a matter of time before blind woman in Volvo runs
over
> my head as well.

And what's the asking price for sales to far-sighted recumbenteers whose Volvos are rarely used on
the Public Highway, if one might make so bold?

--
Guy
===
I wonder if you wouldn't mind piecing out our imperfections with your thoughts; and while you're
about it perhaps you could think when we talk of bicycles, that you see them printing their proud
wheels i' the receiving earth; thanks awfully.

About £800 I guess, would cost about £1300 new, I'm probably going to sell this and my Kett Wiezel
trike, and get a more racing orientated trike.

Ian

> From: "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling Date:
> Thu, 12 Jun 2003 13:43:12 +0100 Subject: Re: Selling advice for recumbent
>
> "Ian" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BB0E31E6.4D0A%[email protected]...
>
>> I check them out thanks, it is a Challenge Wizard OSS model with a few
> nice
>> things like hydraulic brakes, de or hubs and dereilliurs, it is a shame to sell as the bike is
>> really nice to ride, very comfy and suitable for commuting or touring, but this falling over
>> at junctions thing is getting very depressing, only a matter of time before blind woman in
>> Volvo runs
> over
>> my head as well.
>
>
> And what's the asking price for sales to far-sighted recumbenteers whose Volvos are rarely used on
> the Public Highway, if one might make so bold?
>
> --
> Guy
> ===
> I wonder if you wouldn't mind piecing out our imperfections with your thoughts; and while you're
> about it perhaps you could think when we talk of bicycles, that you see them printing their proud
> wheels i' the receiving earth; thanks awfully.

Ian deftly scribbled:

> About £800 I guess, would cost about £1300 new, I'm probably going to sell this and my Kett Wiezel
> trike, and get a more racing orientated trike.

Whereabouts in the country are you ?

Must admit to only being vaguely interested so far, but one never knows .. ;)

The website is interesting .. http://www.challenge-ligfietsen.nl/NewChallengeBikes/wizard.htm

--
Digweed

Kent

> From: "Not me, someone else" <[email protected]> Reply-To: "Not me, someone else"
> <[email protected]> Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 14:17:09 +0100
> Subject: Re: Selling advice for recumbent
>
> Ian deftly scribbled:
>
>> About £800 I guess, would cost about £1300 new, I'm probably going to sell this and my Kett
>> Wiezel trike, and get a more racing orientated trike.
>
> Whereabouts in the country are you ?
>
> Must admit to only being vaguely interested so far, but one never knows .. ;)
>
> The website is interesting .. http://www.challenge-ligfietsen.nl/NewChallengeBikes/wizard.htm
>
> --
> Digweed

No, last long distance I did was last year, the knee is not inspiring me with confidence, have been
restricting myself to 30 to 50 mile rides lately.

Ian

> Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 14:21:53 +0100 Subject: Re: Selling advice for
> recumbent
>
>
> "Ian" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BB0E357B.4D0E%[email protected]...
>> About £800 I guess, would cost about £1300 new, I'm probably going to sell this and my Kett
>> Wiezel trike, and get a more racing orientated trike.
>
> Did you do the c2c recently?
>
> cheers, clive

Ian wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have finally decided to sell my two wheel recumbent, my left knee is jiggered and cannot support
> me well when I stop so I'm switching to my trike only. Can anyone recommend the best place to
> advertise the bent? Any advice appreciated.

Cycling Plus seems to be a place where recumbents crop up with regularity.

The CTC mag may be worth trying, tho' when I've tried to buy things they have often already been
sold, perhaps due to its long lead times and a two-monthly publication schedule.

I think both are free (the latter for members only)

John B

Ian deftly scribbled:

> Kent

Ah .. I'm in deepest South Yorkshire, with no plans to go to Kent this year so far.

--
Digweed

Kinetics in Glasgow www.kinetics.org maintain a bulletin board which carries some ads.

Peter On Thu, 12 Jun 2003 13:08:20 +0100, Ian <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I have finally decided to sell my two wheel recumbent, my left knee is jiggered and cannot support
>me well when I stop so I'm switching to my trike only. Can anyone recommend the best place to
>advertise the bent? Any advice appreciated.
>
>Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.