Semi-Homemade Cooking with Sandra Lee: Donner Party 3

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Ubiquitous, Jul 14, 2005.

  1. Ubiquitous

    Ubiquitous Guest

    From the FN site comes this blurb for this Saturday's new ep:

    Dinner Party 3
    Sandra Lee has all the answers to a semi-homemade
    meal that’s sure to impress. We start out with
    Chinese Braised Short Ribs, Sour Cream Mashed
    Potatoes, and Edamame. And what better way to end
    the night than with a citrus-lovers’ dessert of
    Triple Orange Angel Food Cake

    Of particualr interest is the fact that as far as I can tell, there
    never was SECOND "dinner party" ep!

    --
    WARNING!!!
    Use of these recipes may be hazardous to your health, food budget,

    Tags:

  2. Brick

    Brick Guest

    On 14-Jul-2005, [email protected] (Ubiquitous) wrote:

    > From the FN site comes this blurb for this Saturday's new ep:
    >
    > Dinner Party 3
    > Sandra Lee has all the answers to a semi-homemade
    > meal that’s sure to impress. We start out with
    > Chinese Braised Short Ribs, Sour Cream Mashed
    > Potatoes, and Edamame. And what better way to end
    > the night than with a citrus-lovers’ dessert of
    > Triple Orange Angel Food Cake
    >
    > Of particualr interest is the fact that as far as I can tell, there
    > never was SECOND "dinner party" ep!
    >
    > --
    > WARNING!!!
    > Use of these recipes may be hazardous to your health, food budget,
    > standing in your community and liver function. Use at your own risk!! We
    > assume no liability from any illness or injury sustained while eating the
    > "food" or being exposed to crapass tablescapes. And no, we're not sure
    > where she grew up either. The Cordon Bleu disavows any knowlege of Miss
    > Lee.

    This must be the third or fourth time that I have read that the Cordon Bleu
    school disavows any knowlege of Miss Sandra Lee. Who gives a shit?
    Are you jealous because she is successful? Have you thought for one
    single minute about why she is successful? Have you given any consideration
    to how TV time ratings effect the continuation or almost instant
    cancellation
    of particular shows. It's obvious to most less then bright bulb viewers that
    Sandra Lee has a following that supports her continued appearance on the
    tube. But, you sir are the supreme guru who wants to speak for the world.
    You lose. Sanda continues to air her show despite your bile.

    --
    The Brick said that (Don't bother to agree with me, I have already changed
    my mind.)

  3. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] wrote:

    >From the FN site comes this blurb for this Saturday's new ep:
    >
    > Dinner Party 3
    > Sandra Lee has all the answers to a semi-homemade
    > meal that’s sure to impress. We start out with
    > Chinese Braised Short Ribs, Sour Cream Mashed
    > Potatoes, and Edamame. And what better way to end
    > the night than with a citrus-lovers’ dessert of
    > Triple Orange Angel Food Cake
    >
    >Of particualr interest is the fact that as far as I can tell, there
    >never was SECOND "dinner party" ep!

    Why does she have to invent a storyline for each show? Family Dinner as a
    theme isn't okay by itself. We have to have this involved story about Miss
    Stephanie, Mr. Brycer, and Mr. Brycer's rolling pin. Is it to distract us
    from the actual food?

  4. ANIM8Rfsk

    ANIM8Rfsk Guest

    in article [email protected], <[email protected]> at
    t?I?P,er?'_-i-^???c wrote on 7/23/05 12:22 PM:

    > In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] wrote:
    >>
    >> From the FN site comes this blurb for this Saturday's new ep:
    >>
    >> Dinner Party 3
    >> Sandra Lee has all the answers to a semi-homemade
    >> meal that’s sure to impress. We start out with
    >> Chinese Braised Short Ribs, Sour Cream Mashed
    >> Potatoes, and Edamame. And what better way to end
    >> the night than with a citrus-lovers’ dessert of
    >> Triple Orange Angel Food Cake
    >>
    >> Of particualr interest is the fact that as far as I can tell, there
    >> never was SECOND "dinner party" ep!

    > Why does she have to invent a storyline for each show? Family Dinner as a
    > theme isn't okay by itself. We have to have this involved story about Miss
    > Stephanie, Mr. Brycer, and Mr. Brycer's rolling pin. Is it to distract us
    > from the actual food?

    actual food?

  5. Goomba38

    Goomba38 Guest

    ANIM8Rfsk wrote:

    > in article [email protected], <[email protected]> at
    > t?I?P,er?'_-i-^???c wrote on 7/23/05 12:22 PM:
    >

    >>In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] wrote:
    >>
    >>>From the FN site comes this blurb for this Saturday's new ep:
    >>>
    >>>Dinner Party 3
    >>>Sandra Lee has all the answers to a semi-homemade
    >>>meal that’s sure to impress. We start out with
    >>>Chinese Braised Short Ribs, Sour Cream Mashed
    >>>Potatoes, and Edamame. And what better way to end
    >>>the night than with a citrus-lovers’ dessert of
    >>>Triple Orange Angel Food Cake
    >>>
    >>>Of particualr interest is the fact that as far as I can tell, there
    >>>never was SECOND "dinner party" ep!

    >>Why does she have to invent a storyline for each show? Family Dinner as a
    >>theme isn't okay by itself. We have to have this involved story about Miss
    >>Stephanie, Mr. Brycer, and Mr. Brycer's rolling pin. Is it to distract us
    >>from the actual food?
    >>

    > actual food?

    LOL LOL LOL... y'all do keep me in stitches here. Keep it up :)
    Goomba

  6. On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 14:22:36 -0500, ""t²I»P,erÆ'_-i-^¤åªc"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] wrote:
    >>
    >>From the FN site comes this blurb for this Saturday's new ep:
    >>
    >> Dinner Party 3
    >> Sandra Lee has all the answers to a semi-homemade
    >> meal that’s sure to impress. We start out with
    >> Chinese Braised Short Ribs, Sour Cream Mashed
    >> Potatoes, and Edamame. And what better way to end
    >> the night than with a citrus-lovers’ dessert of
    >> Triple Orange Angel Food Cake
    >>
    >>Of particualr interest is the fact that as far as I can tell, there
    >>never was SECOND "dinner party" ep!

    >Why does she have to invent a storyline for each show? Family Dinner as a
    >theme isn't okay by itself. We have to have this involved story about Miss
    >Stephanie, Mr. Brycer, and Mr. Brycer's rolling pin. Is it to distract us
    >from the actual food?

    I would pay to see one of these "family" parties where the adults get
    smashed on vodka cocktails while the kids eat the food. No wonder
    Miss Stephanie likes going to Aunt Sandy's house. She probably has
    the run of the place after Aunt Sandy passes out.

    pepsi

  7. Ubiquitous

    Ubiquitous Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] wrote:
    >In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] wrote:

    >>From the FN site comes this blurb for this Saturday's new ep:
    >>
    >> Dinner Party 3
    >> Sandra Lee has all the answers to a semi-homemade
    >> meal that’s sure to impress. We start out with
    >> Chinese Braised Short Ribs, Sour Cream Mashed
    >> Potatoes, and Edamame. And what better way to end
    >> the night than with a citrus-lovers’ dessert of
    >> Triple Orange Angel Food Cake
    >>
    >>Of particualr interest is the fact that as far as I can tell, there
    >>never was SECOND "dinner party" ep!

    >Why does she have to invent a storyline for each show? Family Dinner as a
    >theme isn't okay by itself. We have to have this involved story about Miss
    >Stephanie, Mr. Brycer, and Mr. Brycer's rolling pin. Is it to distract us
    >from the actual food?

    Food? That's being pretty generous, isn't it?

    Hmm, did I get around to posting a recap of this ep?