Semi-Homemade with Sandra Lee: More klAssy kookin'

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 06:47:47 -0400, "Nancy Young"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"Kevin_Sheehy" <[email protected]> wrote
>>
>> ANIM8Rfsk wrote on 7/15/2005:
>>
>>> That's why the need to show the *original* HOW TO BOIL WATER.

>> I've lost track of which one was the original. I think they've got
>> Tyler what's his name with the blond gal. She's ok but I could do
>> without him.
>> Before that they had the same blond gal with the French chef guy. That
>> was
>> ok for me. I thought they might work an angle that blondie and Frenchy
>> had something going on besides cooking, but that never happened, but
>> there was a little pseudo chemistry between them. Then before that,
>> they had the ditzy gal with the geeky glasses and whiny voice. Can't
>> remember who the guy was. That was irritating. Was there another
>> version(s) befoe that?

>Emeril was the host ... apparently it was so bad he was yanked. That
>was before my time, I never saw that.
>
>Me, I just want to know why it suddenly became, let Jack Corrigan
>(whatever) sit like a plant and just watch Tyler cook. Just in general,
>from all of his shows, he seems to have developed a healthy ego.
>Not attractive on him. Turning into a control freak, just my impression.
>
>nancy

Different strokes. I really like that show now that they got the
French guy (who was ok) and the ditzy chick (who was not!) off of it.
Jacq sort of fulfills the Claudine Pepin role only she doesn't act as
dumb and fills in with commentary (i.e. "you've always said I should
season when I can, so I'm salting this boiling water".) I just
watched it again and hour ago and I thought it was a particularly good
episode.

Then again, I could watch Tyler Florence mow grass. Preferably
shirtless <VEG>

TammyM
Sacramento, California

On 16 Jul 2005 06:44:44 -0700, "Kevin_Sheehy" <[email protected]> wrote:

snip
>> Me, I just want to know why it suddenly became, let Jack Corrigan
>> (whatever) sit like a plant and just watch Tyler cook. Just in general,
>> from all of his shows, he seems to have developed a healthy ego.
>> Not attractive on him. Turning into a control freak, just my impression.

>That's it - the blond is Jackie (Jacquie?) Corrigan. Of course, she
>does get to ask why the meat should rest before carving and why she
>should carve against the grain.

Actually, it's Jack Hourigan.

http://tinyurl.com/aea3n for a quick Food Network Bio page.

I like the show, myself.

[email protected] wrote:
>ANIM8Rfsk wrote on 7/15/2005:

>> That's why the need to show the *original* HOW TO BOIL WATER.

>I've lost track of which one was the original. I think they've got
>Tyler what's his name with the blond gal. She's ok but I could do
>without him.
>Before that they had the same blond gal with the French chef guy. That
>was ok for me. I thought they might work an angle that blondie and
>Frenchy had something going on besides cooking, but that never happened,
>but there was a little pseudo chemistry between them. Then before that,
>they had the ditzy gal with the geeky glasses and whiny voice. Can't
>remember who the guy was. That was irritating. Was there another
>version(s) befoe that?

There were three versions (in order):
The stand up comedian who looked like Chandler and a female tutor
Frederique and Jack
Tyler and Jack

The version with Tyler is just terrible; they have no chemistry at
all and now Jack's under an enforced "time out" on the far side of
the room, barely in sight of the camera.

ISLAM: Winning the hearts and minds of the world, one bomb at a time.

In article <BEFDF429.43EEC%[email protected]>, [email protected] wrote:

>The original was a slender guy stand up comedian. They had a brunette chef
>off stage to coach him, and one day she ended up in front of the camera, and
>magic was born.
>
>ah, here we go:
>
>Sean Donnellan and the cooking instructor was Cathy Lowe

Yeah, that's the one. For the longest time I wondered why "Chandler" was
moonlighting on Food Network.

ISLAM: Winning the hearts and minds of the world, one bomb at a time.

in article [email protected], Ubiquitous at
[email protected] wrote on 8/12/05 3:17 AM:

> In article <BEFDF429.43EEC%[email protected]>, [email protected] wrote:
>
>> The original was a slender guy stand up comedian. They had a brunette chef
>> off stage to coach him, and one day she ended up in front of the camera, and
>> magic was born.
>>
>> ah, here we go:
>>
>> Sean Donnellan and the cooking instructor was Cathy Lowe

> Yeah, that's the one. For the longest time I wondered why "Chandler" was
> moonlighting on Food Network.

Could this water BE more boiled?

--

You Can't Stop the Signal

ANIM8Rfsk wrote:

> in article [email protected], Ubiquitous at
> [email protected] wrote on 8/12/05 3:17 AM:
>
>> In article <BEFDF429.43EEC%[email protected]>, [email protected]
>> wrote:
>>
>>> The original was a slender guy stand up comedian. They had a
>>> brunette chef off stage to coach him, and one day she ended up in
>>> front of the camera, and magic was born.
>>>
>>> ah, here we go:
>>>
>>> Sean Donnellan and the cooking instructor was Cathy Lowe

>> Yeah, that's the one. For the longest time I wondered why "Chandler"
>> was moonlighting on Food Network.

> Could this water BE more boiled?

AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!