Senate Committee rules on USAC

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Dlwyr2, Apr 1, 2003.

  1. Dlwyr2

    Dlwyr2 Guest

    Apr. 1, 2003 AP The US Senate Oversight and Waste Management Committee, as part of their ongoing
    probe into the USOC and it practices, recommended today the dissolution of USA Cycling management.
    The committee determined that the excessive waste, poor management and inability to serve the
    membership at large was the determining factor.

    A committee spokesman, speaking on condition of anonymity, said that the old boys network and
    rampant back room deals are only allowed in Washington and that USAC had a duty to improve the
    conditions of Cycling and bring in money and medals.

    The Committee further stated that the recent flare-up over the World's selection team, where the
    procedure was announced 2 months after the year started, was the last straw in an environment where
    the VP of Marketing has no marketing experience, had not brought in a single new major sponsor, had
    not helped create any events and used company time to play video games. He only had a job because
    the good ol' boys had taken care of him.

    The recent hiring of a new CEO, while at first looked promising, had turned into the same old back
    room shuffle where Conflict of Interests are the rule of the day. A recent interview where he had
    stated that it didn't even dawn on him that there might be a conflict of interest showed how out of
    touch or stupid they must think our committee is. Senator John McClaine from Arizona has been very
    outspoken with his criticism of the USOC and when he came across the fraud investigation of Thomas
    Wheisal, he determined that there was something smelly at USAC.

    "It's time to sweep out this type of corruption and return this Federation to its members, the
    entire upper management needs to be kicked out on their butts! They are all in the pocket of Wheasal
    and they do not seem to be advancing the sport in a positive direction. They sit on boards of
    different groups within the sport they must interact (A direct violation of Conflict of Interest)
    with. We are going to look at other sports in the near future and clean up the USOC bit by bit."

    Tags:

  2. J Dash Me

    J Dash Me Guest

    >Apr. 1, 2003 AP The US Senate Oversight and Waste Management Committee, as part of their ongoing
    >probe into the USOC and it practices, recommended today the dissolution of USA Cycling management.

    Nice.

    JC

  3. Sam

    Sam Guest