send this to your non-cycling friends

Zebee Johnstone

Guest
http://bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com/2008/06/get-over-it-surmounting-obstacles-to.html

An excellent piece to give to people who are sorta thinking about
cycling.

Eg

"But what about the cars" you may ask. "Surely I should fear the
cars." Well, you should be aware of the cars, and you should know
that many of them are driven by people so stupid they can barely
operate them, but you should not fear them. Rather, you should
know them and understand them. You're at a distinct advantage
because, being stupid, most drivers are easy to figure out. It
won?t take you long to anticipate their stupid behavior in the
same way you can usually figure out what your dog is about to
do next.

zebee

On Jun 20, 1:08 pm, Zebee Johnstone <[email protected]> wrote:
> http://bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com/2008/06/get-over-it-surmounting-obsta...
>
> An excellent piece to give to people who are sorta thinking about
> cycling.
>
> Eg
>
> "But what about the cars" you may ask. "Surely I should fear the
> cars." Well, you should be aware of the cars, and you should know
> that many of them are driven by people so stupid they can barely
> operate them, but you should not fear them. Rather, you should
> know them and understand them. You're at a distinct advantage
> because, being stupid, most drivers are easy to figure out. It
> won?t take you long to anticipate their stupid behavior in the
> same way you can usually figure out what your dog is about to
> do next.
>
> zebee

I love it!

Donga

In article <[email protected]>,
Zebee Johnstone <[email protected]> wrote:

> http://bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com/2008/06/get-over-it-surmounting-obstacles-to.h
> tml
>
> An excellent piece to give to people who are sorta thinking about
> cycling.
>
> Eg
>
> "But what about the cars" you may ask. "Surely I should fear the
> cars." Well, you should be aware of the cars, and you should know
> that many of them are driven by people so stupid they can barely
> operate them, but you should not fear them. Rather, you should
> know them and understand them. You're at a distinct advantage
> because, being stupid, most drivers are easy to figure out. It
> won?t take you long to anticipate their stupid behavior in the
> same way you can usually figure out what your dog is about to
> do next.
>
> zebee

Well this bloke would have understood drivers of motor vehicles but it
did not save him from being killed by a truck last night:
<http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/06/20/2280975.htm?section=world>
[story is senior NZ police officer killed in road smash]

poor *******,
20cents

On 2008-06-20, Zebee Johnstone <[email protected]> wrote:
> http://bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com/2008/06/get-over-it-surmounting-obstacles-to.html
>
> An excellent piece to give to people who are sorta thinking about
> cycling.
>
> Eg
>
> "But what about the cars" you may ask...

Yes, that bit and the bit just after were my favourite parts. I look
forward to my daily BSNYC, but today's piece was extraordinary.

--
John
If anyone should object to any statement I make, I am quite prepared not only to