sending bike from UE to US - ebay

mariusz

Guest
Hi there,
Sorry for my crude english.
I would like to sell a bike on ebay.com
Does anybody know what is the best, optimal way to send
bicycle from European Union to USA ?
What company do you recommend (DHL, UPS, Fedex) ?
How long does it take to ship from UE to US by ship ...
What is estimated price...
Are there any problems with duty (customs or whatever it`s called ) ?
I would be grateful for the answers.

regards
Mariusz

On Sep 7, 9:16 am, mariusz <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi there,
> Sorry for my crude english.
> I would like to sell a bike on ebay.com
> Does anybody know what is the best, optimal way to send
> bicycle from European Union to USA ?
> What company do you recommend (DHL, UPS, Fedex) ?
> How long does it take to ship from UE to US by ship ...
> What is estimated price...
> Are there any problems with duty (customs or whatever it`s called ) ?
> I would be grateful for the answers.
>
> regards
> Mariusz

I've sent bikes from Norway (not in EU) to the US. The best way (and
cheapest) was in 2 boxes by regular post with a tracking number. DHL,
UPS, etc were all WAY more expensive. There are no duties for that
sort of thing, nor is there VAT in the US so no problems. The post
office claimed a regular bike box was too big so I used two frame
boxes instead. UPS and FedEx will take a bigger bike box but $$$.

If you send by surface (boat) it will be cheaper but will take at
least 2 months. By Air it only took 8 days from Norway to California.

Joseph

"mariusz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi there,
> Sorry for my crude english.
> I would like to sell a bike on ebay.com
> Does anybody know what is the best, optimal way to send
> bicycle from European Union to USA ?
> What company do you recommend (DHL, UPS, Fedex) ?
> How long does it take to ship from UE to US by ship ...
> What is estimated price...
> Are there any problems with duty (customs or whatever it`s called ) ?
> I would be grateful for the answers.

Might be worth noting that due to the presence of duty etc over here you may
well get a better price in the EU. Ie USians get stuff cheaper in the first
place, so S/H values may be lower.

Of course if you're selling "Collectable" stuff, then this doesn't apply,
and the fact that there are plenty of USians prepared to pay silly money for
such things means you should definitely include them in the market.

cheers,
clive

On Sep 7, 12:16 am, mariusz <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi there,
> Sorry for my crude english.
> I would like to sell a bike on ebay.com
> Does anybody know what is the best, optimal way to send
> bicycle from European Union to USA ?
> What company do you recommend (DHL, UPS, Fedex) ?
> How long does it take to ship from UE to US by ship ...
> What is estimated price...
> Are there any problems with duty (customs or whatever it`s called ) ?
> I would be grateful for the answers.
>
> regards
> Mariusz

Not sure if its the same in the States, but here in Canada, the
regular mail services avoid brokerage fees coming in, where shipping
companies charge the recipient huge fees to get the package through
customs.