Senna Bikes - anyone info please

ShopperBike

Nov 24, 2003
Recall the legendary was involved in launching a range of bikes ahortly before he died.
Does anyone know anything about this as can find precious little info on the web,though did come across a mountain bike which sold on ebay a few weeks ago for £1,500.

Many thanks

ShopperBike said:
Recall the legendary was involved in launching a range of bikes ahortly before he died.
Does anyone know anything about this as can find precious little info on the web,though did come across a mountain bike which sold on ebay a few weeks ago for £1,500.

Many thanks
Hi

My name is Anthony and I am familiar with the Ayrton Senna bicycles which you are asking about. The name of the company is Carrera and they are located in Padua, Italy. I purchased mine in 1995 from the company direct (even before the internet was as big as it is now) via U.S. mail. They had 4 different bicycles, the 500 (blue), the 900 (Grey), a ladies bicycle and the Pole Position 65 (colors of brazil-blue, yellow and green).

Mind you, I am quoting 1995 prices when I purchased mine (the 500) was $900, the Grey was about $1800 and the Pole Position was approximately $2600. I had it shipped here to the US and that cost an additional $200.

I have not seen the company listed on the internet but if I do come across it, I will forward you the link. Hope this helps!

Anthony