Sent my powertap in over 3 weeks ago and it still is being tested

azdroptop

May 25, 2005
Called Saris today to check on my PT. I was having intermittent power readings from day to day. Worked fine for the first 1200 miles or so then starting giving me problems. The HR strap really never paired with the computer either. Anyway, I called today and it is now at level 3 testing or something along those lines. I can't remember the exact words. Seems they just can't figure it out. I figured they would send a new one my way seeing that I just bought the thing. Anyone else have this problem?

My experience has been good service but slow due to their volume. [email protected] in SoCal can perform full service and has had quick turnaround for me for PT issues. You can try him in the future. Good luck.

Well it is so new so I figured I'd send it to the factory. I got an email today saying it was shipped this morning. They tested it every which way they could and found nothing wrong? So freaking weird. The rep said they replaced the insides of the hub anyway so we shall see. The Customer service has been great, but I can't for the life of me understand what's going on?????

doulos said:
My experience has been good service but slow due to their volume. [email protected] in SoCal can perform full service and has had quick turnaround for me for PT issues. You can try him in the future. Good luck.

Does he service the older models or just the latest version? I'll drop him a line, thanks for the heads up.

Got it back today. Pulled it out of the box and spun the wheel. The watts read amazingly. Tried to pair the HR strap to no avail. Then went out to fire up the hub again and NO WORKIE. What a freaking pain in the butt. Going to try and pair the wheel to my buddies computer and see what happens....

Update on my PT. Took the set up over to my buddies house and as expected my hub paired with his computer immediately and my computer did not pair with his wheel. So I emailed my rep over at Saris and they are sending me a new computer. What a pain. Anyway, looks like it is going to work out.