Separated at birth?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Brian Phillips, Aug 1, 2004.

  1. I'm of the opinion that bicycle racer Floyd Landis and motorcycle racer
    Kurtis Roberts are either the same person, or twins separated at birth. This
    has been bugging me for some time, so I finally put up a few images to
    compare them.... http://www.qsibusiness.com/separated.htm

    Tags:

  2. Richard

    Richard Guest

    "Brian Phillips" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I'm of the opinion that bicycle racer Floyd Landis and motorcycle racer
    > Kurtis Roberts are either the same person, or twins separated at birth.

    This
    > has been bugging me for some time, so I finally put up a few images to
    > compare them.... http://www.qsibusiness.com/separated.htm

    Dude,
    Good work, but I don't want to be in your shoes now that Kurtis'll be
    looking for you.
    I'm sure he's going to be catching hell from King Kenny for bicycle racing
    in his off-time.
    Richard

  3. Ken Prager

    Ken Prager Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    "Brian Phillips" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I'm of the opinion that bicycle racer Floyd Landis and motorcycle racer
    > Kurtis Roberts are either the same person, or twins separated at birth. This
    > has been bugging me for some time, so I finally put up a few images to
    > compare them.... http://www.qsibusiness.com/separated.htm

    Wow, a little to much compression on that first picture of Roberts. He
    looks like a burn victim.

    --
    Remove _me_ for e-mail address

  4. "Ken Prager" <[email protected]> wrote >
    > Wow, a little to much compression on that first picture of Roberts. He
    > looks like a burn victim.

    Yeah, he does, now that you mention it, but that's the way the photo looked
    when I grabbed it off the web... now I'll probably get in trouble for using
    copyrighted photos....

  5. K. J. Papai

    K. J. Papai Guest

    Ken Prager <[email protected]>...
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > "Brian Phillips" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > I'm of the opinion that bicycle racer Floyd Landis and motorcycle racer
    > > Kurtis Roberts are either the same person, or twins separated at birth. This
    > > has been bugging me for some time, so I finally put up a few images to
    > > compare them.... http://www.qsibusiness.com/separated.htm

    > Wow, a little [too] much compression on that first picture of Roberts. He
    > looks like a burn victim.

    Freddy Krueger and Kurtis Roberts -- separated at birth?

    http://www.qsibusiness.com/images/ErionRobert_600.jpg

    -Ken

  6. "Brian Phillips" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Ken Prager" <[email protected]> wrote >
    > > Wow, a little to much compression on that first picture of Roberts. He
    > > looks like a burn victim.

    > Yeah, he does, now that you mention it, but that's the way the photo looked
    > when I grabbed it off the web... now I'll probably get in trouble for using
    > copyrighted photos....

    Yeah, CN will probably dangle your lifeless carcass by a noose from
    their blimp to serve as a warning to others.

  7. S Frank

    S Frank Guest

    I don't think it was compression. I think it was just his skin tone,
    the sweat, and the lighting just being right (or wrong actually).

    --
    Shane

    "Ken Prager" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > "Brian Phillips" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > I'm of the opinion that bicycle racer Floyd Landis and motorcycle racer
    > > Kurtis Roberts are either the same person, or twins separated at birth.

    This
    > > has been bugging me for some time, so I finally put up a few images to
    > > compare them.... http://www.qsibusiness.com/separated.htm

    > Wow, a little to much compression on that first picture of Roberts. He
    > looks like a burn victim.
    >
    > --
    > Remove _me_ for e-mail address

  8. Ken Prager

    Ken Prager Guest

    "S Frank" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I don't think it was compression. I think it was just his skin tone,
    > the sweat, and the lighting just being right (or wrong actually).

    Maybe.

    Some more observations... the file suffix is .jpg, implying compression
    using the original JPEG compression technique. However, if you look
    closely at the large blue "S" next to his right armpit you can see edge
    artifacts that are typical of JPEG-2000 at very low bit rates. This
    leads me to believe the the image was compressed and expanded using
    JPEG-2000 somewhere along the line. That probably caused the waviness
    on his face too.

    <http://www.qsibusiness.com/images/ErionRobert_600.jpg>

    Ken P.

    --