Serial ham



C

Curly Sue

Guest
T minus 2 days: buy ham slice, keep in refrigerator until ready to
use

Day 1: Bisquick "quiche" (I've posted the recipe before). Chop
enough ham in the FP for day 2 as well
Day 2: Ham salad (chopped ham, mayo, sweet relish, yellow mustard)
sandwich
Day 3: skip a day
Day 4: cheese, noodles, and ham casserole.

My favorite? the ham salad!

Me luv ham. :)

Sue(tm)
Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!
 
S

Sheldon

Guest
Curly Sue wrote:
> T minus 2 days: buy ham slice, keep in refrigerator until ready to
> use
>
> Day 1: Bisquick "quiche" (I've posted the recipe before). Chop
> enough ham in the FP for day 2 as well
> Day 2: Ham salad (chopped ham, mayo, sweet relish, yellow mustard)
> sandwich
> Day 3: skip a day
> Day 4: cheese, noodles, and ham casserole.
>
> My favorite? the ham salad!
>
> Me luv ham. :)


Then why not buy a whole ham... what's one measly slice, won't even
fill a small cavity.

This week my local stupidmarket has a pretty good deal on ham:
http://www.pricechopper.com/WeeklyAd/WeeklyAd_Store_S.las?-token.date=2005-12-11&-token.S=98AT9R364821d98P7112ACE5mIpN6L5O67A23B|100130|0512111753|||||

http://tinyurl.com/7k53a

Sheldon
 
C

Curly Sue

Guest
On 11 Dec 2005 14:57:57 -0800, "Sheldon" <[email protected]> wrote:

>
>Curly Sue wrote:


>> My favorite? the ham salad!
>>
>> Me luv ham. :)

>
>Then why not buy a whole ham... what's one measly slice, won't even
>fill a small cavity.
>
>This week my local stupidmarket has a pretty good deal on ham:
>http://www.pricechopper.com/WeeklyAd/WeeklyAd_Store_S.las?-token.date=2005-12-11&-token.S=98AT9R364821d98P7112ACE5mIpN6L5O67A23B|100130|0512111753|||||
>
>http://tinyurl.com/7k53a
>


That is a good idea. After the holidays I'll make room in the
refrigerator and freezer to cut up a ham for meals . Remember, I'm a
goil and I have a dainty appertite so it takes a while to go through
one :)

Sue(tm)
Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!
 
T

Terry Pulliam Burd

Guest
On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 22:36:40 GMT, [email protected] (Curly
Sue) rummaged among random neurons and opined:

>T minus 2 days: buy ham slice, keep in refrigerator until ready to
>use
>
>Day 1: Bisquick "quiche" (I've posted the recipe before). Chop
>enough ham in the FP for day 2 as well
>Day 2: Ham salad (chopped ham, mayo, sweet relish, yellow mustard)
>sandwich
>Day 3: skip a day
>Day 4: cheese, noodles, and ham casserole.
>
>My favorite? the ham salad!
>
>Me luv ham. :)


And me luv ham salad! Oddly enough, the DH, who is not a particularly
picky eater, hates ham salad, egg salad, etc., but loves that
gawdawful deviled ham and deviled roast beef in a can. Go figure.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

"If the soup had been as hot as the claret, if the claret had been as
old as the bird, and if the bird's breasts had been as full as the
waitress's, it would have been a very good dinner."

-- Duncan Hines

To reply, replace "spaminator" with "cox"
 
D

Damsel in dis Dress

Guest
On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 22:36:40 GMT, [email protected] (Curly
Sue) wrote:

> T minus 2 days: buy ham slice, keep in refrigerator until ready to
> use
>
> Day 1: Bisquick "quiche" (I've posted the recipe before). Chop
> enough ham in the FP for day 2 as well
> Day 2: Ham salad (chopped ham, mayo, sweet relish, yellow mustard)
> sandwich
> Day 3: skip a day
> Day 4: cheese, noodles, and ham casserole.
>
> My favorite? the ham salad!
>
> Me luv ham. :)


Me too! Other ideas for when you have more ham to work with:

Cubed and fried in bacon grease with cubed, leftover baked potatoes
and some chopped onions. Salt and pepper as desired.

Ham fried rice. Unbelievably delicious! Recipe available.

Standard scalloped potatoes and ham

Ham and cheese omelettes

Ham is a Good Thing
Carol
--

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/head_trollop/my_photos
 
J

jmcquown

Guest
Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 22:36:40 GMT, [email protected] (Curly
> Sue) wrote:
>
>> T minus 2 days: buy ham slice, keep in refrigerator until ready to
>> use
>>
>> Day 1: Bisquick "quiche" (I've posted the recipe before). Chop
>> enough ham in the FP for day 2 as well
>> Day 2: Ham salad (chopped ham, mayo, sweet relish, yellow mustard)
>> sandwich
>> Day 3: skip a day
>> Day 4: cheese, noodles, and ham casserole.
>>
>> My favorite? the ham salad!
>>
>> Me luv ham. :)

>
> Me too! Other ideas for when you have more ham to work with:
>
> Cubed and fried in bacon grease with cubed, leftover baked potatoes
> and some chopped onions. Salt and pepper as desired.
>
> Ham fried rice. Unbelievably delicious! Recipe available.
>
> Standard scalloped potatoes and ham
>
> Ham and cheese omelettes
>
> Ham is a Good Thing
> Carol


Cubed ham in mac & cheese is great, too :)

Grilled ham & cheese sandwiches

Thinly sliced ham and swiss cheese on a crusty french roll, run under the
broiler

I don't care to just eat slices of ham but I love ham used in other stuff,
if that makes sense.

Jill
 
Curly Sue wrote:
> T minus 2 days: buy ham slice, keep in refrigerator until ready to
> use
>
> Day 1: Bisquick "quiche" (I've posted the recipe before). Chop
> enough ham in the FP for day 2 as well
> Day 2: Ham salad (chopped ham, mayo, sweet relish, yellow mustard)
> sandwich
> Day 3: skip a day
> Day 4: cheese, noodles, and ham casserole.
>
> My favorite? the ham salad!
>
> Me luv ham. :)
>
> Sue(tm)
> Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!


Spring for the whole ham. The left overs are wonderful. Steven seldom
eats ham when I buy it, but I still buy the whole damned thing. I love
the omeletes, mac 'n cheese, casseroles and ham 'n beans I can make out
of it. I like picking on it the best. Grabbing a nibble here and
there.

Michael <- posting from Kris' house via Google
 
Curly Sue wrote:
> T minus 2 days: buy ham slice, keep in refrigerator until ready to
> use
>
> Day 1: Bisquick "quiche" (I've posted the recipe before). Chop
> enough ham in the FP for day 2 as well
> Day 2: Ham salad (chopped ham, mayo, sweet relish, yellow mustard)
> sandwich
> Day 3: skip a day
> Day 4: cheese, noodles, and ham casserole.
>
> My favorite? the ham salad!
>
> Me luv ham. :)
>
> Sue(tm)
> Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!


Spring for the whole ham. The left overs are wonderful. Steven seldom
eats ham when I buy it, but I still buy the whole damned thing. I love
the omeletes, mac 'n cheese, casseroles and ham 'n beans I can make out
of it. I like picking on it the best. Grabbing a nibble here and
there.

Michael <- posting from Kris' house via Google
 
Curly Sue wrote:
> T minus 2 days: buy ham slice, keep in refrigerator until ready to
> use
>
> Day 1: Bisquick "quiche" (I've posted the recipe before). Chop
> enough ham in the FP for day 2 as well
> Day 2: Ham salad (chopped ham, mayo, sweet relish, yellow mustard)
> sandwich
> Day 3: skip a day
> Day 4: cheese, noodles, and ham casserole.
>
> My favorite? the ham salad!
>
> Me luv ham. :)
>
> Sue(tm)
> Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!


Spring for the whole ham. The left overs are wonderful. Steven seldom
eats ham when I buy it, but I still buy the whole damned thing. I love
the omeletes, mac 'n cheese, casseroles and ham 'n beans I can make out
of it. I like picking on it the best. Grabbing a nibble here and
there.

Michael <- posting from Kris' house via Google
 
Curly Sue wrote:
> T minus 2 days: buy ham slice, keep in refrigerator until ready to
> use
>
> Day 1: Bisquick "quiche" (I've posted the recipe before). Chop
> enough ham in the FP for day 2 as well
> Day 2: Ham salad (chopped ham, mayo, sweet relish, yellow mustard)
> sandwich
> Day 3: skip a day
> Day 4: cheese, noodles, and ham casserole.
>
> My favorite? the ham salad!
>
> Me luv ham. :)
>
> Sue(tm)
> Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!


Spring for the whole ham. The left overs are wonderful. Steven seldom
eats ham when I buy it, but I still buy the whole damned thing. I love
the omeletes, mac 'n cheese, casseroles and ham 'n beans I can make out
of it. I like picking on it the best. Grabbing a nibble here and
there.

Michael <- posting from Kris' house via Google
 
Curly Sue wrote:
> T minus 2 days: buy ham slice, keep in refrigerator until ready to
> use
>
> Day 1: Bisquick "quiche" (I've posted the recipe before). Chop
> enough ham in the FP for day 2 as well
> Day 2: Ham salad (chopped ham, mayo, sweet relish, yellow mustard)
> sandwich
> Day 3: skip a day
> Day 4: cheese, noodles, and ham casserole.
>
> My favorite? the ham salad!
>
> Me luv ham. :)
>
> Sue(tm)
> Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!


Spring for the whole ham. The left overs are wonderful. Steven seldom
eats ham when I buy it, but I still buy the whole damned thing. I love
the omeletes, mac 'n cheese, casseroles and ham 'n beans I can make out
of it. I like picking on it the best. Grabbing a nibble here and
there.

Michael <- posting from Kris' house via Google
 
E

Edwin Pawlowski

Guest
"Curly Sue" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>T minus 2 days: buy ham slice, keep in refrigerator until ready to
> use
>
> Day 1: Bisquick "quiche" (I've posted the recipe before). Chop
> enough ham in the FP for day 2 as well
> Day 2: Ham salad (chopped ham, mayo, sweet relish, yellow mustard)
> sandwich
> Day 3: skip a day
> Day 4: cheese, noodles, and ham casserole.
>
> My favorite? the ham salad!
>
> Me luv ham. :)
>
> Sue(tm)
> Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!


You get all of that from one slice of ham? A whole ham would last your
lifetime.

I bought ours today for Christmas dinner. John Morrell E Z Cut was on sale
for $2.79 so I saved $12.
 
D

Damsel in dis Dress

Guest
On 11 Dec 2005 19:38:23 -0800, [email protected] wrote:

> Spring for the whole ham. The left overs are wonderful. Steven seldom
> eats ham when I buy it, but I still buy the whole damned thing. I love
> the omeletes, mac 'n cheese, casseroles and ham 'n beans I can make out
> of it. I like picking on it the best. Grabbing a nibble here and
> there.


That's how a lot of our ham magically disappears, too.

Carol, who loves a good, stringy ham
--

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/head_trollop/my_photos
 
C

Curly Sue

Guest
On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 03:57:20 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>
>"Curly Sue" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]
>>T minus 2 days: buy ham slice, keep in refrigerator until ready to
>> use
>>
>> Day 1: Bisquick "quiche" (I've posted the recipe before). Chop
>> enough ham in the FP for day 2 as well
>> Day 2: Ham salad (chopped ham, mayo, sweet relish, yellow mustard)
>> sandwich
>> Day 3: skip a day
>> Day 4: cheese, noodles, and ham casserole.
>>
>> My favorite? the ham salad!
>>
>> Me luv ham. :)
>>
>> Sue(tm)
>> Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!

>
>You get all of that from one slice of ham? A whole ham would last your
>lifetime.


No kidding! It's just me and the slender resident college student.
We still have leftovers from the quiche and the casserole. Not that
that's a bad thing. :)

>I bought ours today for Christmas dinner. John Morrell E Z Cut was on sale
>for $2.79 so I saved $12.


I'm looking forward to Mom's Christmas ham.

Sue(tm)
Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!
 
K

kilikini

Guest
"Curly Sue" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> T minus 2 days: buy ham slice, keep in refrigerator until ready to
> use
>
> Day 1: Bisquick "quiche" (I've posted the recipe before). Chop
> enough ham in the FP for day 2 as well
> Day 2: Ham salad (chopped ham, mayo, sweet relish, yellow mustard)
> sandwich
> Day 3: skip a day
> Day 4: cheese, noodles, and ham casserole.
>
> My favorite? the ham salad!
>
> Me luv ham. :)
>
> Sue(tm)
> Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!


I've never heard of ham salad, seriously! To be honest, though, it doesn't
sound all that appealing to me. Do you use any seasonings? Any cheese?
What kind of bread do you put it on, and do you toast it? Silly questions,
perhaps, but I'm a newbie to this one.

kili
 
K

kilikini

Guest
"jmcquown" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> > On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 22:36:40 GMT, [email protected] (Curly
> > Sue) wrote:
> >

>
> I don't care to just eat slices of ham but I love ham used in other stuff,
> if that makes sense.
>
> Jill
>
>


Makes sense to me, Jill. I'm the same way. TFM bought a ham the other day
and I haven't touched it because it's *just* ham. Give me a sack of
potatoes, cheese and cream and I'll knock your socks off. I've been making
him omelettes with the ham, but now we just have.........ham........ and not
much of it. I'm making split pea soup today, so perhaps I'll add the rest
to the soup. TFM likes his pea soup pureed (so do I), but he likes lots of
chunky ham in there, so.....

kili
 
C

Curly Sue

Guest
On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 12:07:51 GMT, "kilikini"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>
>"Curly Sue" <[email protected]> wrote in message


>> Day 2: Ham salad (chopped ham, mayo, sweet relish, yellow mustard)
>> sandwich
>> Day 3: skip a day
>> Day 4: cheese, noodles, and ham casserole.
>>
>> My favorite? the ham salad!
>>
>> Me luv ham. :)
>>
>> Sue(tm)
>> Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!

>
>I've never heard of ham salad, seriously! To be honest, though, it doesn't
>sound all that appealing to me. Do you use any seasonings? Any cheese?
>What kind of bread do you put it on, and do you toast it? Silly questions,
>perhaps, but I'm a newbie to this one.
>
>kili


And I'm taken aback that someone hasn't heard of ham salad (really, I
thought it was a standard like egg salad and chicken salad).

Well, it's similar to egg salad in using chopped/ground ham,
mayonnaise, and a few other things depending on one's fancy. The one
I like best is as above, with mayo, relish, and mustard. No cheese
(ewww ;))

Like egg or chicken salad, I eat it on any type of bread or roll,
toasted, not toasted, with lettuce or not, and if there is any left
over, I have it on crackers. On crackers I have it. That is how I
eat my ham. I do so like salad of ham. I would eat it in a boat. I
would eat it with a goat. I would eat it here and there. I would eat
it anywhere.

(sorry, I got carried away)

Sue(tm)
Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!
 
J

jmcquown

Guest
kilikini wrote:
> "jmcquown" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
>>> On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 22:36:40 GMT, [email protected] (Curly
>>> Sue) wrote:
>>>

>>
>> I don't care to just eat slices of ham but I love ham used in other
>> stuff, if that makes sense.
>>
>> Jill
>>
>>

>
> Makes sense to me, Jill. I'm the same way. TFM bought a ham the
> other day and I haven't touched it because it's *just* ham. Give me
> a sack of potatoes, cheese and cream and I'll knock your socks off.
> I've been making him omelettes with the ham, but now we just
> have.........ham........ and not much of it. I'm making split pea
> soup today, so perhaps I'll add the rest to the soup. TFM likes his
> pea soup pureed (so do I), but he likes lots of chunky ham in there,
> so.....
>
> kili


If the ham is pre-cooked, puree the soup then add the ham and heat it all
up. Simple as... hey, whoever said "simple as pie"? Pie isn't simple
unless you buy the pre-made crust! ;)

Jill
 
D

Denny Wheeler

Guest
On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 19:47:58 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Ham fried rice. Unbelievably delicious! Recipe available.


Please? Oh, and assume I know *nothing* about making any form of
fried rice. Because that's the case.

I definitely need to know if I need long-grain rice for that. I
basically have only Calrose and Jasmine rices on hand. And of course
a rice cooker.

--
-denny-
"Do your thoughts call ahead or do they just arrive at your mouth unannounced?"

"It's come as you are, baby."

-over the hedge
 
K

kilikini

Guest
"Curly Sue" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:439df034.194[email protected]
> On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 12:07:51 GMT, "kilikini"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >
> >"Curly Sue" <[email protected]> wrote in message

>
> >> Day 2: Ham salad (chopped ham, mayo, sweet relish, yellow mustard)
> >> sandwich
> >> Day 3: skip a day
> >> Day 4: cheese, noodles, and ham casserole.
> >>
> >> My favorite? the ham salad!
> >>
> >> Me luv ham. :)
> >>
> >> Sue(tm)
> >> Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!

> >
> >I've never heard of ham salad, seriously! To be honest, though, it

doesn't
> >sound all that appealing to me. Do you use any seasonings? Any cheese?
> >What kind of bread do you put it on, and do you toast it? Silly

questions,
> >perhaps, but I'm a newbie to this one.
> >
> >kili

>
> And I'm taken aback that someone hasn't heard of ham salad (really, I
> thought it was a standard like egg salad and chicken salad).
>
> Well, it's similar to egg salad in using chopped/ground ham,
> mayonnaise, and a few other things depending on one's fancy. The one
> I like best is as above, with mayo, relish, and mustard. No cheese
> (ewww ;))
>
> Like egg or chicken salad, I eat it on any type of bread or roll,
> toasted, not toasted, with lettuce or not, and if there is any left
> over, I have it on crackers. On crackers I have it. That is how I
> eat my ham. I do so like salad of ham. I would eat it in a boat. I
> would eat it with a goat. I would eat it here and there. I would eat
> it anywhere.
>
> (sorry, I got carried away)
>
> Sue(tm)
> Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!


LOL! I guess I'll have to give it a try, then. (but I'm not eating it with
a goat)

kili