Serious help requested

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by [email protected], Dec 13, 2005.

  1. Hello,

    Situation:
    I am a 22 year old letter carrier that works 5-6 days a week. I work
    out 30-40 minutes every day I work at very high intensity weight
    training; mostly high weight, low reps. I change it up every now and
    then with low weight, high reps. Trust me, I am sore with the body part
    the day after.

    I walk delivering the mail for about 5 hours. I don't train any body
    part more than twice a week. The problem is that I am barely growing at
    all after 2 years of dedication!

    I have gotten stronger, example: bench press from 225 max to 350 now,
    legitimate pullups from barely 5 to 21. I'm 5'11" and between 198-205
    lbs.

    Nutrition:
    It is HORRIBLE, no doubt about it.

    Morning:
    2 toasts every morning with jelly and ham.

    While working 8 - 12 hours, depending on the day.
    24 fl oz 100% whey protein shake mixed with 2% reduced fat milk after
    workout.
    1 1/2 cup of canned mandarin oranges.
    20 fl oz Tropicana orange juice, high pulp.

    Home:
    A hearty meal with meat. I stop eating when I am 75%-85% full from
    collapsing with food. Of course this is a guestimate.

    I sleep 3 hours later (no working out) and have between 6-8 hours of
    sleep.

    Should I up the protein shakes to 2 - 4 to maximize my protein intake
    EQUAL to my body weight?
    Should I start taking creatine monoph... to increase my strength thus
    increasing size?
    A combination of the 2? Something new?

    Any help, I mean any help would be appreciated in any part of my
    regime. Thanks.

    Tags:

  2. Stop taking it up your cornhole, and you'll grow.

    On 13 Dec 2005 18:10:45 -0800, [email protected] wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >Situation:
    >I am a 22 year old letter carrier that works 5-6 days a week. I work
    >out 30-40 minutes every day I work at very high intensity weight
    >training; mostly high weight, low reps. I change it up every now and
    >then with low weight, high reps. Trust me, I am sore with the body part
    >the day after.
    >
    > I walk delivering the mail for about 5 hours. I don't train any body
    >part more than twice a week. The problem is that I am barely growing at
    >all after 2 years of dedication!
    >
    >I have gotten stronger, example: bench press from 225 max to 350 now,
    >legitimate pullups from barely 5 to 21. I'm 5'11" and between 198-205
    >lbs.
    >
    >Nutrition:
    >It is HORRIBLE, no doubt about it.
    >
    >Morning:
    >2 toasts every morning with jelly and ham.
    >
    >While working 8 - 12 hours, depending on the day.
    >24 fl oz 100% whey protein shake mixed with 2% reduced fat milk after
    >workout.
    >1 1/2 cup of canned mandarin oranges.
    >20 fl oz Tropicana orange juice, high pulp.
    >
    >Home:
    >A hearty meal with meat. I stop eating when I am 75%-85% full from
    >collapsing with food. Of course this is a guestimate.
    >
    > I sleep 3 hours later (no working out) and have between 6-8 hours of
    >sleep.
    >
    >Should I up the protein shakes to 2 - 4 to maximize my protein intake
    >EQUAL to my body weight?
    >Should I start taking creatine monoph... to increase my strength thus
    >increasing size?
    >A combination of the 2? Something new?
    >
    >Any help, I mean any help would be appreciated in any part of my
    >regime. Thanks.

    / ~ .\
    |\__/
    | |
    | . |
    | `.` |
    __| `` | `.` |/~~\
    / | | | `` |/~~\
    \ ` . . | |
    \ . . ` /
    \ . . /
    \ . /
    | . |
    | |
    | |

  3. Not funny. Not good advice.

  4. Alan Greely

    Alan Greely Guest

    On 13 Dec 2005 19:34:08 -0800, [email protected] wrote:

    >Not funny. Not good advice.

    Oh, so you're addicted to masturbation? That's even worse, go here for
    help----> www.stopjerkinoff.org

    / ~ .\
    |\__/
    | |
    | . |
    | `.` |
    __| `` | `.` |/~~\
    / | | | `` |/~~\
    \ ` . . | |
    \ . . ` /
    \ . . /
    \ . /
    | . |
    | |
    | |

  5. I guess you're addicted in being an asshole. Sorry, no remedy for that.
    Just thank you're asshole parents for raising you that way.

  6. Al

    Al Guest

    On 14 Dec 2005 03:02:30 -0800, [email protected] wrote:

    >I guess you're addicted in being an asshole. Sorry, no remedy for that.

    It's a tough habit to quit, like quitting cigarettes.

    >Just thank you're asshole parents for raising you that way.

    I have, they in turn thanked me for being such a good "little
    asshole", and we all assholed our way merrily along.

    / ~ .\
    |\__/
    | |
    | . |
    | `.` |
    __| `` | `.` |/~~\
    / | | | `` |/~~\
    \ ` . . | |
    \ . . ` /
    \ . . /
    \ . /
    | . |
    | |
    | |

  7. WillBrink

    WillBrink Guest

  8. Dally

    Dally Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > I guess you're addicted in being an asshole. Sorry, no remedy for that.
    > Just thank you're asshole parents for raising you that way.

    Don't feed the trolls.

    Dally

  9. Dally

    Dally Guest

    [email protected] wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > Situation:
    > I am a 22 year old letter carrier that works 5-6 days a week. I work
    > out 30-40 minutes every day I work at very high intensity weight
    > training; mostly high weight, low reps. I change it up every now and
    > then with low weight, high reps. Trust me, I am sore with the body part
    > the day after.

    If you're sore the next day after every workout then I'd say you are not
    getting enough recovery time and/or you really haven't been doing this
    for very long. DOMS isn't a goal. It shows that you've been on a lay off.

    > I walk delivering the mail for about 5 hours. I don't train any body
    > part more than twice a week. The problem is that I am barely growing at
    > all after 2 years of dedication!
    >
    > I have gotten stronger, example: bench press from 225 max to 350 now,
    > legitimate pullups from barely 5 to 21. I'm 5'11" and between 198-205
    > lbs.
    >
    > Nutrition:
    > It is HORRIBLE, no doubt about it.

    Why?

    > Morning:
    > 2 toasts every morning with jelly and ham.

    Is this at least whole grain bread? How many calories? You can log
    food at www.Fitday.com to get a sense of how your macronutrient load
    breaks out, the calorie count and get an idea of how your nutritional
    profile looks. I'm not seeing much in the way of fiber or
    phytonutrients or enough calories, for that matter.

    > While working 8 - 12 hours, depending on the day.
    > 24 fl oz 100% whey protein shake mixed with 2% reduced fat milk after
    > workout.
    > 1 1/2 cup of canned mandarin oranges.
    > 20 fl oz Tropicana orange juice, high pulp.

    Is this your lunch as well as your post-workout meal? When do you lift?

    > Home:
    > A hearty meal with meat. I stop eating when I am 75%-85% full from
    > collapsing with food. Of course this is a guestimate.

    If the question is "am I eating enough food of the right sorts so that I
    grow" then don't you think you ought to provide information on what
    sorts and how much food you're eating?

    Look, I don't care, but you appear to. Start logging it and take a look.

    > I sleep 3 hours later (no working out) and have between 6-8 hours of
    > sleep.

    Do you wake rested? You need adequate sleep for the muscles to recover
    and grow.

    > Should I up the protein shakes to 2 - 4 to maximize my protein intake
    > EQUAL to my body weight?

    How about adding some eggs, fish & chicken to your diet? Cottage cheese
    is good, too.

    > Should I start taking creatine monoph... to increase my strength thus
    > increasing size?

    Why do you want to increase size? Is this about looks or function?
    What are your goals?

    > A combination of the 2? Something new?

    > Any help, I mean any help would be appreciated in any part of my
    > regime. Thanks.

    We have a troll here who morphs names daily or almost instantly. You
    can tell his posts because he is inordinantly fascinated with people's
    anuses. Ignore him, please.

    There are people here who can help you, but we tend to expect you to
    help yourself first.

    Dally