serious tyre/innertube problem

redoctoberuk wrote:
> hi
>
> have a problem with innertube recently being using my bike for a 20
> mile round trip to work and have gone through 4 tubes
> problem is the innertube keeps moving even though its pumped up hard
> this is leading to the rim slicing the valve
>
> is there a simple solution to this

Yes. Align the valve perpendicular to the circumference of the rim. Don't
inflate the tube until you have aligned it better than you have been.
--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

redoctoberuk <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> hi
>
> have a problem with innertube recently being using my bike for a 20
> mile round trip to work and have gone through 4 tubes
> problem is the innertube keeps moving even though its pumped up hard
> this is leading to the rim slicing the valve
>
> is there a simple solution to this
>
> 'http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=97715 '

Red:

If your inner tube is creeping around the rim, then the tire isn't
pumped up enough. Get a gauge and pump the tire up to its maximum
pressure, which will be printed on the side of the tire.

Jeff