serotta Legend st

craigm

Jan 11, 2006
I need help with the above bike--what is the weight(frame)? My current bike is a specialized tarmac w/ dura ace and mavic ssc--was looking to transfer the group to the new frame--any info on this bike --please
I am looking at placing an order in one week.

craigm said:
I need help with the above bike--what is the weight(frame)? My current bike is a specialized tarmac w/ dura ace and mavic ssc--was looking to transfer the group to the new frame--any info on this bike --please
I am looking at placing an order in one week.

I have a Legend ST that I've got about 15k miles on. Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to help with your frame weight question as I've never weighed mine. For what it's worth (probably not much), I have a similarly equipped Trek 5900 and the Serotta is subjectively a little lighter.

One thing you may want to think about is whether or not to get the ST. I would say this is highly dependent on the quality of the roads you ride on. Here in Texas the roads are chip seal and very rough so I really like the ST. If you normally ride on good quality roads it's an expense you could probably do without. Note that I'm not saying don't get it, only that its value to you will be determined mostly by the quality of the roads you ride on.

I love the bike, I've got 3 others, including another Serotta (a 1993 C2) and this one gets the most miles.

Hope this helps,

Greg