serotta vs. kuota

jbbobj

Nov 23, 2004
i'm looking at a new carbon bike and i've narrowed it down to serotta and kuota. opinions?

JB

jbbobj said:
i'm looking at a new carbon bike and i've narrowed it down to serotta and kuota. opinions?

JB

Which frame? I have to say go with Serotta if you can. I live around the corner from them, so I might be slightly biased but man, if I could get a Serotta I would.

This is what you must get (the ST): :D

http://www.serotta.com/pages/ottrott.html

Custom geometry, custom tube stiffness levels, custom paint and decals, carbon/Ti frame. Tell them what and how you want it to ride and fit to you, and its one of a kind. I cant touch a frame like that, but if you're looking at a bike in this range, this looks beyond heavenly. Serotta is world class.

I share your dilema as I too am looking to get a new bike. I have been to several high end bike stores and heard allot of diffrent opinions. The Kuota Khan is highly regarded and an incredible bike. The Serrotta Ottrot st is also awesome but almost twice as much money. Another highly regarded frame set is the LOOK 585.The best value for the money is the Felt C1F. Several pro racers swear by this bike as the fastest ride they have ever been on. I hope to make my decision shortly and am leaning towards the Kuota Khan.

ForFlynLow said:
I share your dilema as I too am looking to get a new bike. I have been to several high end bike stores and heard allot of diffrent opinions. The Kuota Khan is highly regarded and an incredible bike. The Serrotta Ottrot st is also awesome but almost twice as much money. Another highly regarded frame set is the LOOK 585.The best value for the money is the Felt C1F. Several pro racers swear by this bike as the fastest ride they have ever been on. I hope to make my decision shortly and am leaning towards the Kuota Khan.

Yeah, unless you have a good deal somehow (and a good deal is still way above other frames), the Ottrott ST is almost untouchable. My remarks were centered more around everything being equal (ie money aside) which would you pick, since the original post seemed to not really be coming from that direction. The Khan from what I have read is really good. I doubt either of you would be disappointed with a Kuota. I'll be going 585 or 481SL myself when its time for a new frame. Currently saving, and it wont be this year.

Enjoy whichever way you go - both of you. Both are truly fine frames. I dont know much about Felt though in terms of ride quality. Price point is great.

I have the Kuota Ksano. Its one sweet ride especially paired with Campag Chorus and Eurus wheel. It has more curves then Pamela Anderson :) and looks hot