Service

Cipher

Sep 7, 2002
Do You Know The Meaning of "Service"?

At one time in my life, I thought I had a handle on the meaning of the word "service." "The act of doing things for other people."

Then I heard the terms:

Internal Revenue Service

Postal Service

Telephone Service

Civil Service

City/County Public Service

Customer Service

Service Stations

And I became confused about the word "service." This is not what I thought "service" meant.

Then today, I overheard two farmers talking and one of them mentioned that he was having a bull over to "service" a few of his cows.

SHAZAM! It all came into perspective. Now I understand what all those "service" agencies are doing to us.

Originally posted by Cipher
Do You Know The Meaning of "Service"?

At one time in my life, I thought I had a handle on the meaning of the word "service." "The act of doing things for other people."

Then I heard the terms:

Internal Revenue Service

Postal Service

Telephone Service

Civil Service

City/County Public Service

Customer Service

Service Stations

And I became confused about the word "service." This is not what I thought "service" meant.

Then today, I overheard two farmers talking and one of them mentioned that he was having a bull over to "service" a few of his cows.

SHAZAM! It all came into perspective. Now I understand what all those "service" agencies are doing to us.
LMAO!!! So what about funeral services? LOL

Hey Cipher, don't you have some new ones for us? You've been slacking off in the joke department. Howzabout some of those Minnesota jokes? Come on, now...

Originally posted by less'go
Hey Cipher, don't you have some new ones for us? You've been slacking off in the joke department. Howzabout some of those Minnesota jokes? Come on, now...

Ya, yaa, yaaa... (I can't imagine anyone really want to read any of the dreaded Ole 'n Lena jokes do they!?!) :D