Servicing hubs and BB's....

biker7

Oct 15, 2004
A question about servicing the hubs in particular on my new bike. I have a Campy G3 Vento wheelset. Can anybody confirm the hubs are sealed/have cartridge bearings and are not serviceable? If so, what is the maintenance drill if any? Replace the cartridge if they get noisy? Any grease repacking with cartridge bearings? Also believe the BB is a sealed cartridge bearing as well. Run 'em till they make noise and then replace the cartridge?
Thanks,
George

biker7 said:
A question about servicing the hubs in particular on my new bike. I have a Campy G3 Vento wheelset. Can anybody confirm the hubs are sealed/have cartridge bearings and are not serviceable? If so, what is the maintenance drill if any? Replace the cartridge if they get noisy? Any grease repacking with cartridge bearings? Also believe the BB is a sealed cartridge bearing as well. Run 'em till they make noise and then replace the cartridge?
Thanks,
George
Try www.campyusa.com or www.bianchiusa.com

Neither link yielded any insight. A small but generic maintenance reference was made specific to Vento (PDF file) wheel servicing in the following link:

http://www.campagnolo.com/techinfo.php?did=f

Only mention was a cavalier reference to taking the wheels to a bike mechanic every 1.2-3K miles for lubrication and every 6-12K miles for complete disassembly, relube and reassembly.
I guess the Campy wheel bearings can be repacked and are not completely sealed.
Thanks,
George