sette serum bike.

Strelok

Apr 12, 2011
any reason not to get one?

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/21167-018_SETPX0-277-Bikes--/Sette-Serum-Pro-XT-Carbon-Mountain-Bike.htm

i've heard these new axles are rather large and thus the hub bearings are small and easily destroyed. is this true?

otherwise, what do you think of it as an all road (some roads aren't very nice) commuter/loaded commuter? would be ridden in temps down to 0 (perhaps less), but this would be rare. most temps would be above 20 F.

i'm having a hard time idenitifying exactly what fork that is though. does it have a lockout option?

and how would those brake compare to bb7's?

would anyone be willing to buy them (so that i could go buy some bb7's)?

FWIW. I probably wouldn't choose a bike with a Carbon Fiber frame for commuting ... particularly, one which is new, or relatively new.

Not only is it conspicuous consumption, but if you will be leaving it outside and out of your immediate view ([COLOR= #808080]e.g., through a window[/COLOR]) then it will undoubtedly be a target of someone who is lacking in scruples ...

AND, a Carbon Fiber frame may not be is not happy when it is dinged.

FOX forks are good.

I don't know the hierarchy of AVID's hydraulic brakes, but I would be inclined to think that the Elixers are marginally better than their BB7 components.

For commuting, a $600 Hybrid with a rigid fork is probably a better option ...

OR, a JAMIS CODA ... the base model has an MSRP of under $600US. The more expensive versions have disc brakes (if you really think you need one).

I'm not sure that I would commute 3 miles on a bicycle if the temps were near 0ºF ... how long is your anticipated commute going to be?

If I knew that I was going to be commuting/riding in temps [COLOR= #ff0000]below[/COLOR] 20ºF then I would want LOOSE BEARINGS in my hubs & BB which I would repack with the lightest grease that I could find (e.g., ENGLUND'S SLICK HONEY) and plan on repacking them every week.

as we are discussing about sette serum bike,so i am currently riding a Trek Fuel EX8 and while I think it is a great bike I am looking at adding a hard tail back into the mix. I recently moved to Charlotte, NC area and there are some fun trials here that I think a hard tail would really excel on. Has any of you looked at or purchased the new Sette Serum Hard Tail? I know they are through Pricepoint but they seem great. When I google the bike nobody has really ridden it yet. With Mountain Bike Action and a couple of other area's on the web saying they may really start taking off I am thinking about getting one before they really jump in price. What is everyones thoughts on this line of bicycles and also what other hard tails have you purchased?