Setting old KM/miles in CATEYE OS bicycle computer

Michael Schievi

Guest
Hello!

Can anybody tell me how I can set the value of my old bicycle computer in my new CATEYE OS 1.0???

I've tried out "Persönlich gefahrene Strecke" (Sorry, thats the German menu name. Means "personally
driven distance") and set that value to 491. But the OD-diaplay of the CATEYE OS 1.0 says 0.0!

Need help!

--

Es schreibt Ihnen: Michael Schievink

From: http://206.168.112.121/Manuals/OS1user(E)v2.pdf

Function customizing Select your favorite functions with SELECT/MODE button. Press SELECT/MODE
button again to clear the selection. If you don’t select anything, Total Distance is automatically
selected. If you want to select all the functions, choose "SELECT ALL". To complete the function
customizing, navigate to "FINISHED" and press ENTER/START/STOP button. Personal distance You can
keep on accumulating the total distance continuously from your previous cyclocomputer. Up to six
digits can be input. • Input the figure for the first digit using SELECT/MODE button. • Press
ENTER/START/STOP button and the digit moves to the next digit. • When you reach the last digit
(sixth digit), press ENTER/START/STOP button, and personal distance input is completed.

"John Everett" <[email protected]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:[email protected]...
> On Sat, 18 Jan 2003 18:01:39 +0100, "Michael Schievink" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Hello!
> >
> >Can anybody tell me how I can set the value of my old bicycle computer in
my
> >new CATEYE OS 1.0???
> >
> >I've tried out "Persönlich gefahrene Strecke" (Sorry, thats the German
menu
> >name. Means "personally driven distance") and set that value to 491. But
the
> >OD-diaplay of the CATEYE OS 1.0 says 0.0!
> >
> >Need help!
>
> From: http://206.168.112.121/Manuals/OS1user(E)v2.pdf
>
> Function customizing Select your favorite functions with SELECT/MODE button. Press SELECT/MODE
> button again to clear the selection. If you don't select anything, Total Distance is automatically
> selected. If you want to select all the functions, choose "SELECT ALL". To complete the function
> customizing, navigate to "FINISHED" and press ENTER/START/STOP button. Personal distance You can
> keep on accumulating the total distance continuously from your previous cyclocomputer. Up to six
> digits can be input.
> . Input the figure for the first digit using SELECT/MODE button.
> . Press ENTER/START/STOP button and the digit moves to the next digit.
> . When you reach the last digit (sixth digit), press ENTER/START/STOP button, and personal
> distance input is completed.
>

> jeverett3<AT>earthlink<DOT>net http://home.earthlink.net/~jeverett3

Yes, thats what I've done! But if You look at the ODO-Diplay it does not have this value!

Michael