Seven Carbon Road Fork

dennisg-<< I think the entire line of Klein road bikes now has carbon fiber rear triangles. Makes
sense, considering how stiff their bikes are.

A supported piece of carbon fiber glued onto the rear end isn't going to make any difference...the
stuff of the marketing department, like compact, integrated HS, 1 1/8, threadless....

Originally posted by Qui Si Parla Ca
dennisg-<< I think the entire line of Klein road bikes now has carbon fiber rear triangles. Makes
sense, considering how stiff their bikes are.

A supported piece of carbon fiber glued onto the rear end isn't going to make any difference...the
stuff of the marketing department, like compact, integrated HS, 1 1/8, threadless....

Are you saying that carbon fiber chain stays, seat stays, seat posts, stems, and handlebars do absolutely nothing to innoculate the rider from road shock?

Not exactly accurate (but close!);

The Seven fork is manufactured by Wound Up...that much is accurate.

The Seven fork is NOT the same as the Wound Up fork. Seven specified some additional tweaks to make
it a Seven product and not just in name. As a 220 pound Seven Ti Alaris owner I can tell you that
Seven advised me against the Seven fork and suggested I go with the standard Wound Up fork. So
there must be some difference, between the two. My Wound Up does have a carbon fiber steerer tube
like the Seven.

The finish between the forks is also a bit different. The Seven fork has less sheen...i.e. more of a
matte look. The Wound Up has a glossier finish.

I did go with the Seven seat post, I would imagine the difference is likely in finish only on
this item.

As far as ride...I have nothing to compare it to. I am new to road bikes and I wanted a custom
fitted bike. I went with Seven's suggestions.

I do like the look of the fork.

I rode my first Century last week (have had the bike about 1 month) and I am exceptionally happy
with the fit and quality. I will leave performance comparisons to those who have something else to
compare to.

Brian

On 4/18/03 7:30 AM, in article
[email protected], "Fred Roses" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Gregg" <no###@xcite.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>> I am thinking of ordering the Seven Axiom and was wondering if anyone has the Seven Carbon Road
>> Fork and the Seven Carbon Seat Post. Is it worth purchasing these two components or is there a
>> better choice for the money?
>>
>> thanks
>
> IIRC, Seven sources both these from Wound Up, and visually anyway they look exactly the same as
> Wound Up's standard articles. So the question might be asked more broadly...what do people think
> of Wound Up's products and is there any way they are uniquely suited to Seven's frames?

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Qui si parla
Campagnolo) wrote:

> fred-<< FWIW, it seems every high-end aluminum frame these days has a carbon seatstay bonded
> to it....
>

> yep and even on ti and steel framesets....marketing run amok....

Roger that!

...but in the words of John Travolta... Ain¹t it cool!

A rider, looking at my bike says Wow! Look at those cool aero wheels!

My former riding partner... He can¹t ride fast enough to be aero!

HAND