Seven Cycles 5E carbon fork?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Jim A, Oct 19, 2004.

  1. Jim A

    Jim A Guest

    Are there any industry insiders out here that know who manufactures
    Seven Cycle's 5E carbon fork?

    Tags:

  2. Tim McTeague

    Tim McTeague Guest

    "Jim A" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Are there any industry insiders out here that know who manufactures
    > Seven Cycle's 5E carbon fork?

    Reynolds.

    I'm no insider but this is fairly common knowledge.

    Tim

  3. Tim McTeague wrote:

    > "Jim A" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    >>Are there any industry insiders out here that know who manufactures
    >>Seven Cycle's 5E carbon fork?

    > Reynolds.
    >
    > I'm no insider but this is fairly common knowledge.

    Their website used to say "This is not a warmed-over Ouzo Pro", which
    always struck me as defensive. ;)

    Dave

  4. Mark Hickey

    Mark Hickey Guest

    Dave Stallard <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Tim McTeague wrote:
    >> "Jim A" <[email protected]> wrote
    >>
    >>>Are there any industry insiders out here that know who manufactures
    >>>Seven Cycle's 5E carbon fork?

    >> Reynolds.
    >>
    >> I'm no insider but this is fairly common knowledge.

    >Their website used to say "This is not a warmed-over Ouzo Pro", which
    >always struck me as defensive. ;)

    Heh... I'm wondering what's "wrong" with an Ouzo Pro...

    Mark Hickey
    Habanero Cycles
    http://www.habcycles.com
    Home of the $695 ti frame

  5. Tim McTeague

    Tim McTeague Guest

    > Their website used to say "This is not a warmed-over Ouzo Pro", which
    > always struck me as defensive. ;)
    >
    > Dave

    I think they were just trying to justify the higher price when compared to
    the Ouzo Pro. So they could say "for the extra money you get this cool
    Seven logo", or "it's an improved, designed by us, made by Reynolds fork".
    I actually don't like the fatter look and matte black finish compared to my
    regular Ouzo Pro. The new Easton EC-90 SLX has been getting great reviews
    and weighs 100 grams less. We may have a new champion. Of course the
    Easton forks have a bit of a billboard look these days.

    http://tinyurl.com/3u7y9

    Tim

  6. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected]
    says...
    > > Their website used to say "This is not a warmed-over Ouzo Pro", which
    >> always struck me as defensive. ;)
    >> Dave

    >I think they were just trying to justify the higher price when compared to
    >the Ouzo Pro. So they could say "for the extra money you get this cool
    >Seven logo", or "it's an improved, designed by us, made by Reynolds fork".
    >I actually don't like the fatter look and matte black finish compared to my
    >regular Ouzo Pro. The new Easton EC-90 SLX has been getting great reviews
    >and weighs 100 grams less. We may have a new champion. Of course the
    >Easton forks have a bit of a billboard look these days.

    That billboard look is what all the wanabe pro racers like. Easton likes it
    because it provides them with better than free advertising.
    ---------------
    Alex

  7. B

    B Guest

    but which ones can take 700 x 28 tires?

    (remove clothes to reply)

  8. Tim McTeague

    Tim McTeague Guest

    "B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > but which ones can take 700 x 28 tires?
    >
    > (remove clothes to reply)

    Actually, that is one real advantage of the new Seven fork.

    From their web site:

    Seven 5E Carbon Fork
    Seven's 5E is unique among high-performance forks. In addition to the
    best lateral
    stiffness-to-weight ratio of any molded carbon fork, the 5E affords
    tremendous practicality.
    Designed by Seven completely from the ground up, it comes in rakes
    ranging for
    32mm to 56mm-more than any other fork-to ensure optimum handling.
    The 5E features a fully integrated crown, legs, and 1 1/8" steerer and
    weighs 440g at
    285mm. What's more, it's the only high-performance road fork available
    with optional
    fender mounts and clearance for a 32c tire.

    Tim

  9. Jim A

    Jim A Guest

    Well, if this is true, maybe SE Asian production CF is finally
    starting to bridge technology the gap (Giant notwithstanding).

  10. On 20 Oct 2004 17:10:07 -0700, [email protected] (Jim A) wrote:

    >Well, if this is true, maybe SE Asian production CF is finally
    >starting to bridge technology the gap (Giant notwithstanding).

    Does Giant produce in Southeast Asia? I thought it was all in Taiwan.

    JT

    Remove "remove" to reply
    Visit http://www.jt10000.com

  11. Jim A

    Jim A Guest

    Yes. That's what I meant. I guess my geography is off a bit.