SevenCycles "Duo" - URT?

mojo deluxe retorted :

>>> I learned a long time ago to add hominy to any menudo, european or otherwise.
>>>
>>> JD
>>

>> I add hominy to posole, does that count?
>>
> Grits rule, Penny.

Do you even know what posole is? Grits are highly overrated if you ask me.

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 15:05:02 -0000, Dave W <[email protected]> wrote:

[snip]

>The prosecution rests (at the top of the hill, while you push your bike up!)

Didn't know I was on trial.

Dave, you are so fabulously idiotic.

If you really believe you can get to the top of any hill faster that me (on my SS) you're
lost in space.

Dave I'm going to change my sig just for you.

Peace, Bill

Stop Dave from humping, send money to have him/her spayed or nuetered.

"Penny S" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> mojo deluxe retorted :
> >> I add hominy to posole, does that count?
> >>
> > Grits rule, Penny.
>
> Do you even know what posole is?

Not without googling. Know what boudin is (without googling)??

> Grits are highly overrated if you ask me.

I would feel insulted if you were not so far out west.

mojo deluxe retorted :
> "Penny S" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> mojo deluxe retorted :
>>>>
>>> Grits rule, Penny.
>>
>> Do you even know what posole is?
>>
> Not without googling. Know what boudin is (without googling)??
>
>> Grits are highly overrated if you ask me.
>>
> I would feel insulted if you were not so far out west.

yes, it's some sort of Cajun sausage. ( and I promise I didn't google)

I've had grits, been in the south, and I'll take posole ( hominy, red chile, pork stew) over
grits any day.

just a preference, I'm sure.

Penny S

Bill Wheeler <[email protected]> had this to say
news:[email protected]

> On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 15:05:02 -0000, Dave W <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
>>The prosecution rests (at the top of the hill, while you push your bike up!)
>
> Didn't know I was on trial.
>
> Dave, you are so fabulously idiotic.
>
> If you really believe you can get to the top of any hill faster that me (on my SS) you're lost
> in space.

hehehe, "Lost in Space" "DANGER WILL (WHEELER), DANGER WILL (WHEELER)

> Dave I'm going to change my sig just for you.

If that's what floats your boat Billy boy.

> Peace, Bill
>
> Stop Dave from humping, send money to have him/her spayed or nuetered.

Yes, please send money as soon as possible. I've got my eye on this pretty li' ol' GEARED PIG! ANd I
could use some help on the financing...

Dave

Dave W <[email protected]> had this to say
news:[email protected]

> Bill Wheeler <[email protected]> had this to say
> news:[email protected]
>
>> On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 15:05:02 -0000, Dave W <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>>>The prosecution rests (at the top of the hill, while you push your bike up!)
>>
>> Didn't know I was on trial.
>>
>> Dave, you are so fabulously idiotic.
>>
>> If you really believe you can get to the top of any hill faster that me (on my SS) you're lost
>> in space.
>
> hehehe, "Lost in Space" "DANGER WILL (WHEELER), DANGER WILL (WHEELER)
>

>> Dave I'm going to change my sig just for you.
>
> If that's what floats your boat Billy boy.
>

>> Peace, Bill
>>
>> Stop Dave from humping, send money to have him/her spayed or nuetered.
>
> Yes, please send money as soon as possible. I've got my eye on this pretty li' ol' GEARED PIG! ANd
> I could use some help on the financing...
>
> Dave

Oh, by the way. I don't mind you slagging me in your cute little sig...at least you got ride of that
crappy SS hikau of yours....glad to be of service.

"Penny S" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> mojo deluxe retorted :
> > "Penny S" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >> mojo deluxe retorted :

> >> Do you even know what posole is?
> >>
> > Not without googling. Know what boudin is (without googling)??
> >
> >> Grits are highly overrated if you ask me.
> >>
> > I would feel insulted if you were not so far out west.
>
> yes, it's some sort of Cajun sausage. ( and I promise I didn't google)

Close enough.

> I've had grits, been in the south, and I'll take posole ( hominy, red
chile,
> pork stew) over grits any day.

That really sounds good, but.......grits is a breakfast food. Serve with eggs, meat of choice, white
gravy, and biscuits.

> just a preference, I'm sure.

I understand.

Bill Wheeler <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 15:05:02 -0000, Dave W <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> >The prosecution rests (at the top of the hill, while you push your bike up!)
>
> Didn't know I was on trial.
>
> Dave, you are so fabulously idiotic.

Since he's killfiled me, now he has to find another leg to hump. He's not happy unless he's got
three legs going at once. What he lacks in stamina, he makes up for in recovery time.

"That's enough on the right, medium starch on the left cuff, please."

> If you really believe you can get to the top of any hill faster that me (on my SS) you're lost
> in space.

Uhh, Dave's got a drug problem. "Space" is what he's all about.

> Peace, Bill
>
> Stop Dave from humping, send money to have him/her spayed or nuetered.

Good one. And just so Baker doesn't jump on you first (shut up Sorni), I'll give you the spelling
flame: "neutered". Spaying is for females. Hmmm...
--
Jonesy

[email protected] (Tom Purvis) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (Jonesy) wrote:
> > Bill Wheeler <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > If anybody plunks down 3 to 7 grand for this hyped up POS they're out of their friggin mind!
> >
> > I was gonna just quote the whole damn post and type "nice" at the end,
>
> ROTFLMAO!
>
> After seeing Wheeler do that A THOUSAND TIMES, then get all wordy on this subject, I must say that
> we have found this gentleman's hot button.

No, no - I think Bill's pretty good people. His posting style is funny, however. Takes all kinds,
dontcha know. :)

> > Expensive bikes? Not even a blip on the screen, my friend.

[snip good story]

> He was right. Next time I saw her, I told her that I'd just had a chance to test ride the bike she
> asked me about (a lie) and that it kicked ass and she should buy it.
>
> Lots more important things to be indignant about than people paying too much money for cool bikes
> they may not use, like them buying stoopid SUVs that they actually *will* use!

Yup. Now, I'm not givin' Bill a hard time here, because when I first got into the sport, I was
envious of the high-end bikes ridden by mere weekend warriors. Now *I'm* a weekend warrior, and I
have two bikes. I have become the thing I hate. LOL, not really, but stuff changes in folks' lives,
and that's just the way of it. You can't tell from just looking at the bike whether or not it's
going to be a garage sculpture forever, or get worn out from hard riding in the next few years.

I got over expensive garage ornaments, and moved on to keeping folks away from Walgeese and gently
instructing people on how to not screw up trails. Messing up the trails, getting areas closed to
bikes - that's what we should get indignant about. If he/she rides a Duo, great! An old DB Ascent?
Works for me - keep it on the trail, and be courteous to everyone.

To me, it seems so simple. Once again, I am not giving Bill a hard time with this post. I've been
where he is, and my outlook has changed. But I still have the same kind of idea when I see $50k SUVs
with leather and Wilton carpets and have to shake my head. Growing up, we had a '67 Suburban. Vinyl
and sheet steel as far as the eye could see. Four speed transmission with manual overdrive. Took
that thing all over the damn place - hunting, around the farm, up fire roads to small Cascades
foothills lakes, etc. Get home, open up the doors, get a scrub brush and the hose, and *hose out the
interior.* Good as new. Small sport, big utility, vehicle. It's just silly to drive them only on the
road, back and forth to work, no towing or even a camping outing. (I know of several folks in that
category.) In the meantime, my wife and I toured the SW NPS with our camping kit in an Audi sedan!
Sheesh. But it's not *my* money. Nor did they ask my opinion. But I really love to hear them *****
when gas prices go up.
:)
--
Jonesy

[email protected] (Jonesy) wrote:
> [email protected] (Tom Purvis) wrote:
> > >
> > > I was gonna just quote the whole damn post and type "nice" at the end,
> >
> > ROTFLMAO!
> >
> > After seeing Wheeler do that A THOUSAND TIMES, then get all wordy on this subject, I must say
> > that we have found this gentleman's hot button.
>
> No, no - I think Bill's pretty good people. His posting style is funny, however. Takes all kinds,
> dontcha know. :)

Please realize, I wasn't putting Bill down, and I don't even think he's unreasonable for having a
bit of righteous indignation about mega-buck bicycles. I just thought it was fargin' hilarious to
see the quiet man uncork with a couple year's worth of words after reading so many 'nice' posts.

No offense Bill. I'm sure you're good people, er, a good person...

Hopefully you know what I mean.
--
Tom Purvis - http://www.arkansasvalley.net/tpurvis/
Salida, CO

"Dave W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]... <snip>

> Oh, by the way. I don't mind you slagging me in your cute little sig...at least you got ride of
> that crappy SS hikau of yours....glad to be of service.

Getting some of that 'free rent' in someones head, I see.