SevenCycles Warranty: Positive Experience

ellis

Guest
"(PeteCresswell)" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:eek:[email protected]...
> Broke my Duo at the rear dropout recently.
>
> The LBS wasn't exactly falling all over themselves to expedite the return,

but
> once I got the RMA from them, SevenCycles handled it quite well IMHO.
>
> SevenCycles gave me a FedEx account number to charge the return package

to, I
> found a box, shipped/insured the thing; then SevenCycles fixed it and

shipped it
> back to me in less than a week.
>
> In the words of an engineer that I used to windsurf with: "Everything

breaks".
> i.e. "stuff happens" to all products....
>
> To me, it isn't whether something happens, it's how the maker handles the
> situation when something does happen.
>
> I'd give SevenCycles the maximum score... Ok, maybe 98%, since they
> theoretically *could* (a-la Apple or IBM) have sent me the box to return

it
> in.
>
> But still, I am impressed.
> --
> PeteCresswell

Good to know. There's a reason why I will never buy an Ellsworth.

[...]

Per ellis:
>Good to know. There's a reason why I will never buy an Ellsworth.

I had an Ellsworth frame break due to a patently-bad weld.

It was a negative experience. Eventually Ellsworth came up with a replacement,
but I wouldn't want to go through it again without a retailer to go to bat for
me with Ellsworth. In fact, I had such a retailer at my disposal, but didn't
realize it at the time....so I went direct...
--
PeteCresswell