Several strange ?'s from newbie

jkxw

Jul 27, 2004
I have just started training...to race hopefully in the near future. What do you guys think of these.....I need some help

1) My shoes feel like they fit fine. I never velcro them tightly, same as my regular shoes, but at some point along my ride I start to get that tingling feeling like my feet are going to fall asleep. I need to start wiggling my toes to stop it. What's up with that?

2)Also down the road my arms start to itch (wind burn?) I'm not going that fast yet. What's up with that?

3) Do you guys think it's weird to think about sex while riding? Especially when pushing hard?

Thanks

jkxw said:
I have just started training...to race hopefully in the near future. What do you guys think of these.....I need some help

1) My shoes feel like they fit fine. I never velcro them tightly, same as my regular shoes, but at some point along my ride I start to get that tingling feeling like my feet are going to fall asleep. I need to start wiggling my toes to stop it. What's up with that?

2)Also down the road my arms start to itch (wind burn?) I'm not going that fast yet. What's up with that?

3) Do you guys think it's weird to think about sex while riding? Especially when pushing hard?

Thanks

1.maybe losen up your shoes a little bit.
2.alergic to any fabrics?
3. I think its just you

jkxw said:

Thanks

1. Could be a few causes for this. I used to find rough roads would make my feet go tingly.
2. You might have a heat rash condition. Check with your doctor.
3. Not at all. Not much else to think abotu out there for hours on end.

:)

1. They are bored from going around in circles.
2. They are itching to go faster.
3. Your saddle is rubbing you the right way.

Please note that I am not a doctor, I just play one on the internet.

1. You might want to have your cleat position checked to make sure it is correct.Are you using cycling shoes? If not, you should get a pair along with clipless pedals.

2. Maybe you have dry skin.

3. Guys think about sex every 15 seconds, so of course it is normal. (I assume a girl wouldn't ask that)

3. It's more than possible that your seat is pushing on your prostate gland. That may be triggering the sexual responses.