Severn Across 29th Apr

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by MartinM, Mar 6, 2006.

  1. MartinM

    MartinM Guest

    As I'm sure no-one else is going to be daft enough to try any of El
    Supremo's events longer than 100km; this will be my next exercise in
    testing out the sleeping potential of various verges in and around
    Oxon. Anyone else?
     
    Tags:


  2. dkahn400

    dkahn400 Guest

    Oh, probably. :)

    --
    Dave...
     
  3. MartinM

    MartinM Guest

    dkahn400 wrote:

    > Oh, probably. :)


    there goes my place on the sofa back at Chalfont!. Apparently Yat Rock
    direct v diff (climbing term) is no longer on the route so may use the
    nice bike. It is of course just possible to do the IOW randonee
    straight after ;-)
     
  4. davek

    davek Guest

    MartinM wrote:
    > Anyone else?


    Maybe...

    In an ideal world, the answer would be definitely yes, but it's the
    Invicta 400 the following weekend and something tells me attempting both
    would come under the category of Not A Good Idea.

    In an ideal world, the world in which I was one of the Richard Phipps
    clones, this would be my ride calendar for the next couple of months:
    12/03 Invicta Grimpeur 100*
    19/03 Cotswold-Chiltern Brevet 200
    26/03 Start of Summertime 200*
    01/04 The Dean 300
    09/04 Dorset Coast 200
    15/04 Invicta 300*
    22/04 Lacock along the Kennett 200 or Tea Bag 300
    29/04 Severn Across 400
    06/05 Invicta 400*
    14/05 Hop Garden 200
    20/05 Bryan Chapman 600

    I've asterisked the ones I am likely to do in the real world. :-(

    d.
     
  5. MartinM

    MartinM Guest

    davek wrote:
    > MartinM wrote:
    > > Anyone else?

    >
    > Maybe...
    >
    > In an ideal world, the answer would be definitely yes, but it's the
    > Invicta 400 the following weekend and something tells me attempting both
    > would come under the category of Not A Good Idea.


    I would recommend the Invicta rather than the SA purely because it's
    nearer to you. I have friends in high places (or a mattress at work)
    which should make the SA feasible.
    As to your list, very nice, done a few of them, almost believed it
    until you slipped in the Brian Chapman ;-)
     
  6. davek

    davek Guest

    MartinM wrote:
    > I would recommend the Invicta rather than the SA purely because it's
    > nearer to you.


    Yebbut Chiddingstone ain't all that easy to get to from here, and my
    sister's boyfriend has a flat in Ealing, which might put a different
    complexion on things. We'll see...

    > As to your list, very nice, done a few of them, almost believed it
    > until you slipped in the Brian Chapman ;-)


    Like I said, in an ideal world... ;-)

    d.
     
  7. MartinM

    MartinM Guest

    davek wrote:
    > MartinM wrote:
    > > I would recommend the Invicta rather than the SA purely because it's
    > > nearer to you.

    >
    > Yebbut Chiddingstone ain't all that easy to get to from here, and my
    > sister's boyfriend has a flat in Ealing, which might put a different
    > complexion on things. We'll see...


    I'll probably do the Invicta next year, goes within 3km of my house on
    the way back (although less than 50k from the finish). Go for SA if you
    can, it's probably easier. I can't do the Invicta this year as I have
    Thorne-Edinburgh the week after.
     
  8. MSeries

    MSeries Guest

    MartinM wrote:
    > As I'm sure no-one else is going to be daft enough to try any of El
    > Supremo's events longer than 100km; this will be my next exercise in
    > testing out the sleeping potential of various verges in and around
    > Oxon. Anyone else?
    >


    I'd like to but perhaps not this year. Plains 300 on the same day anyhow.
     
  9. MartinM

    MartinM Guest

    dkahn400 wrote:
    > Oh, probably. :)
    >
    > --
    > Dave...


    just been reading your RR on urc (can't face picking up Arrivee and
    that awful photo) very reminiscent of my last time. I arrived on time
    for that too but 15 min after everyone else who had gone early; rode
    the first 50k alone then took a wrong turning and ended up back on the
    A40 towards Oxford so thought 'sod it' and went to Headington
    McDogburgers instead, then took the direct route to Woodstock where I
    met the rest of the field. Still goes down as one of my most memorable
    rides as it completed my SR. Just wished I'd done what every other
    rider I met on it had done and gone for The Big One (even though I
    hadn't qualified that year)
     
  10. In article <[email protected]>,
    MartinM ([email protected]) wrote:
    > As I'm sure no-one else is going to be daft enough to try any of El
    > Supremo's events longer than 100km; this will be my next exercise in
    > testing out the sleeping potential of various verges in and around
    > Oxon. Anyone else?


    Not I, as I have a race on the 30th, so will be doing the ECCA Festival
    200 on the Bank Holibob Monday instead. First 400 will be the Invicta.

    --
    Dave Larrington - <http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk/>
    The sixth student said, "I ride my bicycle because I want people to look
    up to me and say 'Wow! He looks really good up there!' The teacher
    replied: 'Go away, Fabrizio!'"
     
Loading...
Loading...